Pauline is an opera in four acts with music by the British composer Frederic H. Cowen to a libretto by Henry Hersee after The Lady of Lyons by Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton, first performed 22 September 1876 at the Lyceum Theatre, London.
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "article name needed". Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Cowen, F. H., My Art and My Friends, London, Arnold, 1913
- Sadie, S. (ed.) (1980) The New Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians, 5.
- Burton, N., 'Pauline' in Grove Music Online (ed. Macy, L.) <http://www.grovemusic.com>.
- Parker, C. J. (2007), unpublished PhD Thesis (University of Durham, UK): 'The Music of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen (1852–1935): a Critical Study'.
|This article about an English language opera is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|