Paulinho (footballer, born 2000)
|Full name||Paulo Henrique Sampaio Filho|
|Date of birth||15 July 2000|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2010–2017||Vasco da Gama|
|2017–2018||Vasco da Gama||18||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:25, 16 June 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 October 2017
Paulo Henrique Sampaio Filho, commonly known as Paulinho (Brazilian Portuguese: [pawˈlĩj̃u]; born 15 July 2000), is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a forward for German club Bayer Leverkusen and the Brazil national U20 team.
Vasco da Gama
Having progressed through Vasco da Gama's academy, Paulinho was promoted to the club's first-team squad under the management of Milton Mendes on 19 June 2017. On 13 July 2017, two days before his seventeenth birthday, made his professional debut when he was brought on as a 93rd-minute substitute in a 4–1 Brasileirão Série A away win over Vitória. Minutes after entering the field of play, he recorded his professional assist when he set up teammate Guilherme for his side's fourth goal. Eleven days later, he made his first professional start and scored twice in a 2–1 league away win over Atlético Mineiro, becoming the youngest player ever to score at Brasileirão Série A and the first player born at 2000s to score at Brasileirão Série A. On 3 December 2017, Paulinho opened the scoring of a 2–1 home win over Ponte Preta at the last round of 2017 Brasileirão Série A and helped Vasco da Gama to reach a qualification to Copa Libertadores next season.
Paulinho made his first Copa Libertadores assist when he set up Evander to open the score in a 4–0 away win over Universidad de Concepción, by the 1st leg of Copa Libertadores second qualifying stage. On the 2nd leg, Paulinho made his first Copa Libertadores goal opening the score in a 2–0 home win over Universidad de Concepción. His goal made him the first player born at 2000s to score at Copa Libertadores.
On 27 April 2018, German club Bayer Leverkusen announced that they had reached an agreement with Vasco da Gama for the transfer of Paulinho. The clubs agreed to a €20 million fee, a club-record deal for Vasco. He joined Leverkusen ahead of the 2018–19 season and signed a five-year contract.
Brazil national youth teams
In March 2017, Paulinho, along with Vinícius Júnior, Lincoln and Alan, helped Brazil win the South American Under-17 Championship. He scored two goals during the tournament, including the opening goal in Brazil's 5–0 win over Chile in the final.
In October 2017, Paulinho helped Brazil reach 3rd place of 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup. Paulinho scored the winning goals against Spain at Brazil's debut, North Korea and on quarterfinals against Germany.
- As of 18 May 2019
|Vasco da Gama||2017||Série A||18||3||–||–||–||18||3|
- Vasco da Gama
- Taça Guanabara U17: 2015
- Taça Guanabara U20: 2017
- Taça Rio U20: 2017
- Campeonato Carioca U20: 2017
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: Third Place 2017 India
- South American Under-17 Football Championship: 2017 Chile
- BRICS U-17 Football Cup: 2016 India
- Rio de Janeiro State Championship MVP: 2018
- Rio de Janeiro State Championship Team of the Year: 2018
- Rio de Janeiro State Championship Best Young Player: 2018
- "Revelação do Campeonato Brasileiro 2017" in vote held by Esporte Interativo
- 60 of the best young talents in world football by The Guardian
- "30 Revelações do Brasileirão" by globoesporte.com
- "Abusado da Rodada" in the 16th round of the Brasileirão 2017 in vote held by É Gol!!! from SporTV
- "Pintura da Rodada" in the 16th round of the Brasileirão 2017 in vote held by É Gol!!! from SporTV
- "Abusado da Rodada" in the 4th round of the Campeonato Carioca 2018 in vote held by É Gol!!! from SporTV
- Best Player in the 1st match between Vasco da Gama x Jorge Wilstermann by the qualifying stage of the Libertadores 2018
- 2016 Montaigu Tournament Top Scorer: 4 goals
- 2017 U17 World Cup: 3 goals (Brazil's Top Scorer)
- Youngest player to play for Vasco da Gama at the Professional Era (16 years, 11 months and 29 days)
- Youngest player to score a goal on Campeonato Brasileiro (17 years and 9 days)
- First player born in the 2000s to score a goal on Campeonato Brasileiro
- Vasco da Gama's youngest player to score in the Copa Libertadores (17 years, 6 months and 23 days)
- First player born in the 2000s to score a goal on Copa Libertadores
- First player born in the 2000s to score two goals on Copa Libertadores
- 4th youngest Brazilian player to score a goal on Copa Libertadores (19 February 2018)
- "Reforçado por joia, Vasco treina visando clássico com o Botafogo" (in Portuguese). Vasco da Gama. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Vasco vence o Vitória, deixa abatimento de lado e crava primeiro triunfo fora" (in Portuguese). GloboEsporte.com. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Paulinho marca dois gols no Horto, e Vasco derrota o Galo para colar no G-6" (in Portuguese). GloboEsporte.com. 24 July 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- Vickery, Tim (25 July 2017). "Paulinho emerges from Vinicius Junior shadow to strike Brazilian record". ESPN. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Base decide, Vasco vence Ponte Preta e confirma vaga na Libertadores" (in Portuguese). GloboEsporte.com. 3 December 2017. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "Paulinho faz história, e Vasco confirma classificação na Libertadores" (in Portuguese). GloboEsporte.com. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Brasiliens Top-Talent Paulinho wechselt unters Bayer-Kreuz" (in German). Bayer Leverkusen. 24 April 2018.
- "#HalloPaulinho" (in German). Bayer Leverkusen Twitter account. 17 July 2018.
- "Brasil golea 5-0 a Chile y es campeón del Sudamericano Sub-17" (in Portuguese). CONMEBOL. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Brazil head up South American quartet". FIFA. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Paulinho scores against Spain in U17 World Cup". 7 October 2017.
- "Brazil beat luckless Mali to finish third".
- http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/sa-u15-2015.html. Missing or empty
- "Ferj divulga seleção do Campeonato Carioca: Fluminense e Vasco dominam indicações". UOL. 8 April 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Ferj divulga seleção do carioca com cinco jogadores do Flu e dois do Bota". Globoesporte.com. 8 April 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Paulinho, do Vasco, é eleito como a 'Revelação do Campeonato Brasileiro 2017'".
- "Next Generation 2017: 60 of the best young talents in world football". The Guardian.
- "Arthur, Murilo, Vinícius Júnior: as 30 revelações do Brasileirão 2017".
- "Vai, Paulinho! Menino dá belo chapéu, bate Vinícius Jr. e leva como abusado".
- "Duas na conta: após vencer drible mais bonito, Paulinho leva pintura da rodada".
- "Paulinho, do Vasco, é o abusado da última rodada dos estaduais".
- Paulinho at Soccerway