Paulino Bernabe Senior
Born in Madrid, Paulino Bernabé received music lessons from Daniel Fortea, a pupil of Francisco Tárrega, and then learned the art of making classical guitars from José Ramírez III. After opening his first own workshop in 1969 he developed an individual strutting system for the interior of his instruments. Since the early 1980s until shortly before his death in 2007 the master worked together with his son Paulino Bernabe II, who took over the workshop from his father.
- Videos of the Austrian classical guitarist Johanna Beisteiner played on a classical guitar made by Paulino Bernabe
- Ramírez, Amalia (August 2000). "Inicials [sic] of the disciples of José Ramírez III". José Ramírez. Madrid. Archived from the original on 19 April 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Paulino Bernabe remembered. Article by Norbert Kraft on the website of the Guitar Foundation of America. 2007. Archived November 24, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- «Bernabé, Paulino». Biography of Paulino Bernabe on the website of the Netherlands Guitar Association. September 2005. Archived November 20, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Official Website of the International Crafts Exhibition in Munich, Germany.
- Biography of Paulino Bernabe Senior on the official website of Paulino Bernabe
- Article on Paulino Bernabe Senior on the official website of the German classical guitarist Thomas Karstens
- Biography of Paulino Bernabe Senior on the official website of the Austria classical guitarist Johanna Beisteiner
- Video with photos of Paulino Bernabe Senior (2009).