"Cidade das Chaminés"("City of Smokestacks"), "Capital dos Eucaliptos"("Capital of Eucalyptus")
|• Mayor||Junior Matuto (PSB - 2013)|
|• Total||93.518 km2 (36.108 sq mi)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|• Density||3,200/km2 (8,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (UTC-3)|
Paulista is a municipality in Pernambuco, Brazil, with a population  of 303,404 as of 2011. It has the highest Human Development Index (HDI) of the Recife metropolitan area. It is the birthplace of footballer Rivaldo, and is also famous for its beaches, including Maria Farinha with the giant Veneza water park. It was incorporated as city in 1935.
- Conceição Beach - At 2 km (1.2 mi) long with many coconut trees, this beach has calm and very deep water. Also has many bars and tents.
- Janga Beach - an urban beach with artificial reefs
- Maria Farinha Beach - features quiet and shallow waters. At low tide, it is possible to see the reefs, and at this time, the beach has almost no waves.
- Pau Amarelo Beach - features quiet water and a formation of sand banks, which give rise to small sandbar islets and natural pools.
The main economic activities in Paulista are based in commerce, tourism and textile industry.
|Population||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE (%)||RMR (%)|
Economy by Sector
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- "Estimativas aa População Residente nos Municípios Brasileiros com Data de Referência em 1º de Julho de 2011" [Estimated Resident Population of Brazilian Municipalities with Date Reference of July 1, 2011] (PDF). ibge.gov.br (in Portuguese). Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística [Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics] (IGBE). 2011. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- Paulista 2007 GDP IBGE page 31 Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine
- PE State site - City by city profile
|This Pernambuco, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|