January 27, 1983 |
Toronto, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)|
|Played for||Colorado Eagles (CHL)
Tilburg Trappers (Netherlands)
Bloomington PrairieThunder (IHL)
Paulo Colaiacovo (born January 27, 1983) is a retired Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender. He was born in Toronto, Ontario and raised in Etobicoke, Ontario. He is the identical twin brother of National Hockey League defenceman Carlo Colaiacovo.
Colaiacovo played in the Ontario Hockey League with the Barrie Colts. He joined the Colorado Eagles in the Central Hockey League in 2004, and missed over half the season because of injury, but returned to the team late in the 2004-2005 season to netmind the team through winning the Ray Miron President's Cup.
When the Eagles re-signed him for the following season, the team vice-president and head coach was quoted as saying "Championships are won with good goaltending, and with the signing of Paulo, it will give our team that opportunity again".
In the summer of 2006, it was rumored that Colaiacovo was considering retirement, but he said his break was to heal from injuries and "to take some time off so [he] could pursue [his] career a lot longer". Colaiacovo rejoined the Eagles on the ice in 2007, but later left Colorado to play in the Netherlands. After winning both the National Cup and Dutch Championship with Tilburg Trappers, Paulo returned to Canada to play for the Toronto organization on a 'black ace' contract.
- 2004 OHL All Star team member
- 2004 OHL Goaltender of the Year 
- 2006 Central Hockey League All Star team member 
|2009-10||Bloomington Prairie Thunder||IHL||13||36||0||1||3.05||6||5||1||341||.905|
- Paulo Colaiacovo career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Tilburg Trappers site
- Colorado Eagles site
- Photo of Colaiacovo after an Eagles win on March 10, 2007
- Paulo Colaiacovo career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- "Defending Champs Re-Sign Clutch Netminder". Central Hockey League. August 26, 2005. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- Cooper, RJ (December 12, 2006). "Eagles’ Colaiacovo not ready to give up, Goalie working to get back on the ice despite injuries and long odds". Loveland Daily Reporter-Herald. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- "PrairieThunder Signs Championship Goalie". Bloomington PT. July 20, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- "OHL Announces Coach of the Year and Goaltender of the Year". Slam! Hockey. April 5, 2004. Archived from the original on 2007-02-17. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- "EAGLES ALL-STARS GEARING UP FOR BIG GAME". Colorado Eagles. January 17, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-05-23.