|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2009
|Born||Paulo Artur dos Santos Castro de Campos Rangel
18 February 1968
Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
|Political party||Social Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||Portuguese Catholic University|
Member of the European Parliament, 2014–present
Rangel has been a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) since the 2009 European elections. Upon entering the parliament, he was chosen as one of the vice-presidents of the European People's Party Group.
Rangel has since been serving on the Committee on Constitutional Affairs. In that capacity, he drafted the parliament’s 2010 report on the framework agreement between the European Commission and the Parliament, which demanded that MEPs should be allowed to participate in international negotiations that lead to accords that need parliamentary backing. In 2014, he became the committee’s vice-chairman. In addition, he was elected chairman of the parliament’s delegation for relations with Brazil.
- RAR Group, Chairman of the Board of the Shareholders’ General Meeting
- Associação Comercial do Porto (ACP), Member of the Board
- Constant Brand (October 13, 2010), Parliament stretches accord on working ties European Voice.
- Dave Keating (February 24, 2014), More Parliament candidates announced European Voice.
- Migration crisis and EU-UK negotiations top the EPP Political Assembly’s agenda European People’s Party (EPP), press release of 29 January 2016.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Portugal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|