|Full name||Paulo Roberto Rink|
|Date of birth||21 February 1973|
|Place of birth||Curitiba-PR, Brazil|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre forward|
|1991||→ Atlético Mineiro (loan)|
|1995||→ Chapecoense (loan)||0||(0)|
|1999||→ Santos (loan)||12||(0)|
|2002||1. FC Nürnberg||19||(3)|
|2004||Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors||11||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Rink began his career playing for Atlético Paranaense. After a solid career with the club, he negotiated with Bayer 04 Leverkusen, and was transferred for US$6M, the highest transfer fee paid for an Atlético Paranaense player at that time. Rink remained there for four years, barring a six-month break, when he was loaned out to Santos FC.
Rink ended his career in Atlético Paranaense, where his career started. His honorary match took place on 24 May 2007 at the Kyocera Arena. Playing in Paulo Rink's friends team were amongst others: Oséas, his old friend, who from 1995 to 1998 acted as his striking partner at Atlético Paranaense. Also present was the Uruguayan Gustavo Matosas, team-mate in 1997 and 1998 and Kléberson, who played with him in 1998.
Rink, whose great-grandfather had emigrated from Heidelberg to Brazil in 1904, was naturalized as a German citizen and subsequently called up to the German national team by then manager Berti Vogts in September 1998. He was the first Brazilian to play for Germany. The attacker took part in friendlies against Romania and Malta. A year afterwards, while still playing for Bayer 04 Leverkusen, he was once again called up, this time for the 1999 Confederations Cup in Mexico. He played for Germany in the 2000 UEFA European Championship as well. In total, Rink was able to collect 13 international caps between 1998 and 2000.
- "Team Stats for Omonia". soccerboards.com. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- "Paulo Rink anuncia su retiro de las canchas como profesional". mediotiempo.com. 1 May 2007. Retrieved 10 January 2008.
- Paulo Rink – FIFA competition record
- Paulo Rink at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Paulo Rink at National-Football-Teams.com
- Leverkusen who's who
- CBF (Portuguese)
- Atlético Paranaense who's who (Portuguese)
- Paulo Rink at kleague.com