Paulo Vitor Barreto
|Full name||Paulo Vítor Barreto de Souza|
|Date of birth||12 July 1985|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|2002||→ Milan (loan)|
|2007–2008||→ Treviso (loan)||32||(14)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 July 2016|
Barreto grew up in the youth ranks of Treviso. In 2002, he was loaned to A.C. Milan where he was part of the Allievi Nazionale side that won that year's Torneo Città di Arco, defeating Fiorentina in the final.
After scoring 12 goals in the 2004–05 season for Treviso, he was signed by Udinese, who gave him the opportunity to mark his debut not only in the Italian top flight but also in European competition, in which he scored two goals against RC Lens during the 2005–06 UEFA Cup.
Loan to Treviso
He returned to Treviso on loan in 2007, scoring 14 goals in 2007–08.
Barreto spent the 2008–09 season on loan at Bari, with whom he scored his first hat-trick in Serie B on 21 April 2009 during a match with Ancona. He contributed 23 goals during the season that saw Bari crowned Serie B champions, under Antonio Conte.
In 2009–10 season, his loan was extended and his goal scoring made Bari impress in the first half of the Serie A season. However, after the injury of centre-back Andrea Ranocchia and his striking partner Vitaly Kutuzov, the team performance also slipped.
In the next season, despite Kutuzov was recovered from injury, the team saw the departures of Italian international centre-backs Andrea Ranocchia and Leonardo Bonucci. With the failure to sign important replacements, not only for the centre-backs, the team conceded more goals and their tactics where affected. Barreto scored 4 goals before the winter break as team top-scorer, however much lesser than his performance last Christmas. The team finished as the bottom to enter the winter break.
Return to Udinese and Torino
On 24 June 2011, his contract was redeemed by Udinese for €3 million, with whom he only played 12 games.
On 17 January 2013, Torino purchased him for €1.8 million from Udinese in another co-ownership deal, in a 2½year contract. Here, he found Giampiero Ventura, his coach at Bari. He debuted for the Granata on 20 January in an away fixture against Pescara won by Torino 2–0. He scored his first goal with Torino on 30 March against Napoli at the Stadio Olimpico, his first goal in 874 days. He scored again in the next week away to Bologna, scoring the momentary 0–1. He ended the season with 16 appearances and three goals and on 19 June the co-ownership between the Friuli and Turin was renewed. In June 2014 Torino redeemed his entire contract in a blind auction, for an additional €859,000.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)
- "Milan squad". Torneo Città di Arco official site (in Italian). Archived from the original on 9 January 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Oggi finale Milan-Fiorentina". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 12 February 2002. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Il Bari prende Barreto" (in Italian). AS Bari. 2008-07-14. Archived from the original on 2010-10-27. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- AS Bari Report and Accounts on 31 December 2010 ‹See Tfd›(in Italian)
- "Meggiorini alle buste. Barreto è del Bari" (Press release) (in Italian). AS Bari. 25 June 2010. Archived from the original on 29 June 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- "Ripresa degli allenamenti" (Press release) (in Italian). A.S. Bari. 16 November 2010. Archived from the original on 19 November 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Barreto, S. Masiello e Ghezzal fermi" (Press release) (in Italian). A.S. Bari. 30 December 2010. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- AS Bari SpA bilancio (financial report and accounts )on 31 December 2011 ‹See Tfd›(in Italian), Italian CCIAA
- Torino F.C. S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2013, PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A. (in Italian)
- "Barreto e Larrondo al Toro" (in Italian). Torino FC. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Torino F.C. S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2014, PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A. (in Italian)
- "Barreto: risolto consensualmente il contratto" (in Italian). Venezia F.C. 17 December 2015. Archived from the original (Google Cache) on 28 August 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2016.