|DJ Pauly D|
|Birth name||Paul DelVecchio|
|Also known as||DJ Pauly D, Pauly D|
July 5, 1980 |
Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||Television personality, disc jockey|
|Labels||G-Note, G-Unit, EMI|
Paul DelVecchio (born July 5, 1980), publicly known as DJ Pauly D, is an American television personality and disc jockey. He is best known for being a housemate on MTV's reality show Jersey Shore.
In August 2011, he announced a pending three-album deal with 50 Cent's G-Unit Records and G-Note Records. This deal was later confirmed by 50 Cent on December 1, 2011. He is also the first of the Jersey Shore cast to get his own spin-off show, The Pauly D Project.
DelVecchio was born on July 5, 1980 and raised in the Providence, Rhode Island area, and in Johnston, Rhode Island. Pauly is the son of Donna DiCarlo and Paul D. DelVecchio Sr. His mother has origins in Brazil. He has one sister, Vanessa. He attended Johnston High School. He began his career as a local DJ under the moniker Pauly D. One of his professional idols was DJ AM.
DelVecchio was cast in 2009 for Jersey Shore. He has stated that his being chosen for Jersey Shore had nothing to do with his music, but that they instead sent him a Myspace message after liking his look. After he sent them his number, "The casting directors called me from LA and they said they wanted to send down a camera crew to Rhode Island to film a day in my life. They filmed me at the gym, filmed me tanning and filmed me going to the club. Six months later they said I got on the show. I never really auditioned."
His appearance in the show resulted in popularity with what TIME dubbed "seriously rabid fans." He won the 2011 Teen Choice Award for Choice Reality Star: Male. He was a contestant in June 2012 on the Fox show called The Choice.
The Pauly D Project
DelVecchio is the first housemate from Jersey Shore to receive his own spin-off. It will focus on his DJ career as he goes on a tour around America. Filming commences in 2012. According to TIME, "We're guessing Pauly D got the spot [instead of Nicole Polizzi or Michael Sorrentino] because he genuinely seems fun and easy to get along with. He's not known for diva antics like The Situation and doesn't appear a drunken mess at times, like Nicole and Michael do." The show, originally called DelVecchio was later renamed The Pauly D Project. It premiered on MTV on March 29, 2012.
Music and disc jockey career
After numerous rumours, on August 11, 2011, Pauly D confirmed to XXL that he had signed a three album deal with 50 Cent's labels G-Unit Records & G-Note Records and that he will also be releasing headphones under the label.
Pauly D announced in October 2013 he was a father of a daughter born in New Jersey. He is reportedly in a custody battle with the mother of his daughter, who her mother named Amabella Sophia.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2012||"Night of My Life"
|2013||"Back to Love"
(featuring Jay Sean)
|"—" denotes single that did not chart or was not released|
Awards and Nominations
|2010||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Male Reality Star||Nominated|
- "DJ Pauly D - Bio". djpaulyd.com. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Everett, Cristina (21 December 2009). "'Jersey Shore' star DJ Pauly D (Paul Delvecchio) shows News how he takes hair to new heights". Daily News (New York). Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "San Francisco Night Club Ruby Skye to host DJ Pauly D of Jersey Shore Fame". Hearst Communications. 11 February 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Keys, Matthew. ""Jersey Shore" Reality Star DJ Pauly D Spotted In Sacramento". FOX40 News. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Malkin, Marc. "Jersey Shore's Pauly D: I'd Get Naked for Playgirl". E!. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Kugel, Allison (September 8, 2011). "DJ Pauly D Opens Up About Jersey Shore Fame & Fortune". PR.com. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- Friedman, Megan (27 December 2010). "Why Did Pauly D Get Jersey Shore's First Spinoff Show?". TIME. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Vena, Jocelyn (May 9, 2012). "Joe Jonas, Pauly D To Appear On Dating Show 'The Choice'". MTV. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- "Pauly D gets first 'Shore' spinoff". NEW YORK POST. December 22, 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "America's Best DJ - 2010". Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "America's Best DJ - 2011". Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Oldenburg, Ann (July 25, 2011). "'Jersey Shore' star to join Britney Spears on tour". USA Today (Gannett Company). Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- "Back to Love (feat. Jay Sean): DJ Pauly D: Official Music". Amazon.com. Amazon.com, Inc. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Pauly D in custody battle with former fling over 5-month old daughter: report".
- Peak positions in the United Kingdom:
- For "Back to Love": "New Chart Entries > January 26, 2013". Zobbel.de. 2013-01-26.
- Official website
- Pauly D Project at MTV
- Pauly D at the Internet Movie Database
- Pauly D on Twitter
- Pauly D on Facebook