This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Pavan Duggal is an advocate practising in the Supreme Court of India, specializing in the field of Cyberlaw, Cybercrime Law, Cybersecurity Law, and Artificial Intelligence Law. He is a member of NomCom Committee on Multilingual Internet Names Consortium (MINC).
He is the President of Cyberlaws.Net. He has worked in mobile law, convergence law and dark net law. He is the president of Cyberlaw Asia.
Duggal is the Conference Director of the International Conference on Cyberlaw, Cybercrime & Cybersecurity organized by Cyberlaws.Net.
Duggal is the Chairman of the International Commission on Cyber Security Law.
He has been a member of number of committees:
- Member of the Permanent Monitoring Panel on "The Future of Cyber Security" of the World Federation of Scientists, an organization active in the framework of ICSC – International Centre for Scientific Culture - World Laboratory.
- Permanent Monitoring Panel (PMP) on Information Security, established by World Federation of Scientists
- The ICANN Nominating Committee representing the Asia Pacific region, 2003 and 2004.
- Membership Advisory Committee of The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Advisory Council of the Institute of Cyber Security and Law of University of Delhi
- Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry Delhi Panel on Cyber Security
Duggal has been contributing to the evolving legal jurisprudence on Artificial Intelligence, through his books on artificial intelligence and also through his course on Artificial Intelligence legalities.
He has contributed to academic discussions and debate evolving Artificial Intelligence jurisprudence. He has broadly highlighted the importance of Artificial Intelligence in the context of judicial systems. He commented:
With Artificial Intelligence (AI), block hain and Internet of Things (IoT) changing the world around, the judiciary is bound to evolve dramatically by 2030. And so will be the demand of service from lawyers. With all the information and technological support at hand, the client will already have the data analysis and insights. They would require lawyers to guide them through it and provide necessary support. Hence the future lawyers need to be super lawyers who will be analyst, broadcaster and lawyer, all rolled into one.
Role in Evolving Metaverse Law
Duggal is the Chief Evangelist of Metaverse Law Nucleus.
Books and recognition
He has written several books/eBooks on various diverse and complex aspects concerning the legalities of policy related issues impacting cyberspace, Internet and the World Wide Web. He has authored India's first mobile law treatise, which focuses on litigation and jurisprudence vis-à-vis mobile communication devices.
As per the International Telecommunications Union, as a Writer, he has made his mark with 179 Books on various aspects of the law in the last 20 years. Dr. Pavan Duggal’s books have been conferred various awards by Book Authority in various categories over a couple of years.
He has authored 179 books on the intersection of law and technology over the last two and a half decades. The vast and diverse range of Pavan Duggal’s books include Books on Cyber Law, Cybercrime Law, Cyber Security Law, Artificial Intelligence Law, Blockchain Law, Internet of Things Law, Other Emerging Technologies and Legalities and on Coronavirus & Cyber Legal Issues.
The World Summit on the Information Society gives details of numerous books authored by Dr. Pavan Duggal on the website of the International Telecommunications Union.
Pavan Duggal’s numerous books have been recognized by BookAuthority.
Numerous Book Authority Awards have been conferred To Duggal’s Books.
- ^ Speaker. Dr Pavan Duggal[dead link]
- ^ "minc.org". www.afternic.com. Retrieved 20 December 2022.
- ^ "Pavan Dugal | WEF". 18 August 2017.
- ^ "Pavan Duggal". Archived from the original on 2021-10-07. Retrieved 2021-10-07.
- ^ "Pavan Duggal". Archived from the original on 2014-04-13. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- ^ "International Conference on Cyberlaw & Cybercrime". Archived from the original on 2014-04-13. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- ^ "» Dr. Pavan Duggal".
- ^ "Members".
- ^ The Quest for Cyber Confidence
- ^ ICANN's Nominating Committee, At-Large Advisory Committee Announces Delegates to ICANN's Nominating Committee, Appointments to ALAC Posts
- ^ ICANN Membership Advisory Committee, ICANN Membership Advisory Committee
- ^ Brief details of the Advisory Council Members
- ^ Exclusive Session on New Cyber Security Directions of Government of India, 22 June 2022,Wednesday from 1130 hrs to 1230 hrs
- ^ "Artificial Intelligence Law by Dr. Pavan Duggal - Clu". 19 June 2021.
- ^ "ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE LAW - Cyberlaw University®".
- ^ "Why Legal System needs Super Lawyers? – Top legal brains deliberate at Jindal Global Law School's annual conference". The Blog. 12 March 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2022.
- ^ "Chief Evangelist – Dr. Pavan Duggal – Metaverse Law Nucleus".
- ^ [dead link]
- ^ "Session 315— Round Table on Cyberlaw, Cybercrime & Cybersecurity".
- ^ "Cyber Law Books by Dr. Pavan Duggal". Cyberlawbooks.com. Retrieved 2022-09-01.
- ^ List of books authored by Dr Pavan Duggal/
- ^ a b "Book Authority's Awards to Dr. Pavan Duggal's Books | Cyber Law Books by Dr. Pavan Duggal". 31 December 2020.
- Pavan Duggal's Homepage
- Cyberlaw University Homepage
- Cyberlaws.Net Homepage
- International Conference on Cyberlaw, Cybercrime & Cyber Security Homepage
- International Commission on Cyber Security Law Homepage
- Artificial Intelligence Law Hub Homepage
- Blockchain Law Epicentre Homepage
- Pavan Duggal Associates Homepage