Malhotra at I am the Best premiere in 2011
|Born||2 July 1958|
Pavan Malhotra (born 2 July 1958) is a Hindi film and television actor. He has played lead roles in Buddhadeb Dasgupta's National Film Award-winning Bagh Bahadur and Saeed Akhtar Mirza's Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro, both released in 1989. He is famous for his role as the cold-blooded mafia don Irfan Khan in the Telugu blockbuster Aithe (2003) and in his acclaimed role of Tiger Memon in Black Friday (2004). In 2005, he acted in the Telugu movie Anukokunda Oka Roju as a Tantrik.
Born in Delhi, Malhotra grew up in Nawabganj, Old Delhi, and studied at Manav Sthali School. Having graduated in Arts from Hansraj College, Delhi University, Pavan ventured into the Delhi theatre circuit, thereafter he moved to Mumbai, where he started with the television industry as an assistant on the sets of the TV series, Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984), before he got a role in Saeed Akhtar Mirza’s TV series on Doordarshan, Nukkad (1986), which got him noticed. Meanwhile, he had entered the film industry and made his debut with Pankaj Parashar's Ab Ayega Mazaa (1984).
In 2006, he was seen in Manish Goswami's Aisa Desh Hai Mera on Sony television. He is seen on the TV series Alag Alag and Partho Mitra's Patang on DD Metro. He recently starred in the major hit movies Jab We Met and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. He is currently acting in Lagi Tujhse Lagan as Malmal More on Colors TV. He has recently worked in hit movies like Punjab 1984 and Children Of War.
In 2016, a retrospective to mark his 25 years in cinema was held at India International Centre (IIC), Delhi.
- BAFTA Award Bagh Bahadur (Bengali) – 1990
- National Award – Fakir (Hindi) – 1998
- Nandi Special Jury Award – Aithe (Telugu) – 2003
- Filmfare Best Villain Award (Telugu) - Aithe – 2003 
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
- Ab Ayega Mazaa (1984)
- Khamosh (1985)
- Bagh Bahadur (1989) – Ghunuram
- Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro (1989) – Salim, the Lame
- Sau Crore (1991)
- Antarnaad (1991)
- City of Joy (1992) – Ashish
- Tarpan (1994) – Dhannu
- Brothers in Trouble (1995) – Amir
- Pardes (1997)
- Earth (1998) – The Butcher
- Fakir (1998)
- The Perfect Husband (2003)
- Aithe (Telugu film) (2003) – Irfan Khan
- Black Friday (2004) – Tiger Memon
- Anukokunda Oka Roju (Telugu film) (2005)
- Eashwar Mime Co. (2005)
- Andhrudu (Telugu film) (2005) - Ranaveer Sinha 
- Amma Cheppindi (Telugu film) (2006)
- Don - The Chase Begins again (2006) – Narang
- Blood Brothers (2007) – Coach
- Jab We Met (2007) – Geet's Uncle
- My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves (2008) – Sikandar
- De Taali (2008)
- Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam (2008) - Qayyum Cable- Maut Ka Lable
- Delhi-6 (2009) – Jaigopal
- Ek Tho Chance (2009)
- Road to Sangam (2009)
- Badmaash Company (2010) – Jazz
- Ek Nayi Chhoti Si Zindagi (2011) – Shyam
- Bhindi Baazaar (2011) – Mamu
- Yeh Faasley (2011) – Digvijay Singh (Diggy)
- Shaitan (2011) – Police Commissioner
- Ek Thi Daayan (2013) – Mr. Mathur (Bobo's Dad)
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013) – Coach Gurudev Singh
- Punjab 1984 (2014) – Deep Singh Rana
- Children of War (2014)
- Bang Bang (2014 film) (2014) – Zorawar
- Eh Janam Tumhare Lekhe (2015)
- Zorawar (2016) – Tejpal Singh
- Rustom (2016) – Inspector Vincent Lobo
- Missing on a Weekend(2016) - Inspector Ali Ansari
- Super Singh (2017) - Saint Rehmat
- Mubarakan(2017) - Charan's father
- Judwaa 2 (2017) - Officer Dhillon
- Kesari (2019) - TBA
- Family Of Thakurganj (2019)
- Nukkad (1986) – Hari
- Zameen Aasmaan (1995)
- Aahat (1997)
- XZone (1998)
- CID (1997)
- Circus (1989)
- 9 Malabar Hill (1997)
- Khamoshiyaan... Kab Tak(2001)
- Kahan Se Kahan Tak
- Laagi Tujhse Lagan (2009)
- Khidki (2016) Sab TV
- Black Friday, bloody Friday... The Hindu, 11 February 2007.
- Pawan Malhotra is flawless as Tiger Memon
- Aasheesh Sharma (16 January 2016). ""If people remember my characters more than my name, it's my success as an actor," says Pavan Malhotra". Hindustan Times, Brunch. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
- Pavan Malhotra New York Times.
- Pawan Malhotra returns www.realbollywood.com.
- "51st Annual Manikchand Filmfare South Award winners". indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 17 July 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2009.
- Pawan Malhotra: Filmography Citwf.com
- a Telugu film which garnered high acclaim; plays the antagonist
- remade into Hindi as SUNDAY; plays the role of a superstitious mad person who seeks answers from god.
- "Special screening of Jalan's film". The Times of India. 24 September 2010.
- plays the role of an IPS officer who was born in Bihar and lives in Andhra, father of the heroine...
- ...a scientist in ISRO, one of whose young sons is mentally immature
- Film viewing makes people appreciate art: Actor The Times of India, TNN 29 June 2009.