|Full name||Павло Єльянов|
May 10, 1983 |
Kharkiv, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2718 (August 2015)
(No. 57 in the January 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2761 (September 2010)|
Pavel Eljanov (Ukrainian: Павло Єльянов; born 1983) is a Ukrainian chess grandmaster. His father was International Master Vladimir Eljanov. He has won two team gold medals and one individual silver medal at Chess Olympiads.
Eljanov won the Corus B 2007 in Wijk aan Zee, the Netherlands with a score of 9/13. This result enabled him to qualify for the category 20 tournament Corus A 2008. In February 2012, he tied for 1st–3rd with Mateusz Bartel and Anton Korobov in the 11th Aeroflot Open.
Eljanov has made steady progress up the FIDE world rankings, and on the September 2010 FIDE Elo rating list, Eljanov had a rating of 2761, making him number 1 in Ukraine and number 6 in the world. In May 2010, he won the Astrakhan FIDE Grand Prix with a score of 8/13.
- "Men's Chess Olympiads: Pavel Eljanov". OlimpBase. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- 5th World Youth U16 Chess Olympiad: Artek 1999
- "Aeroflot Open – Mateusz Bartel comes out on top". ChessBase.com. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Eljanov Wins Astrakhan Grand Prix". Chess.com. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- Pavel Eljanov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Interview with Pavel Eljanov at Chessdom.com
- Interview with Pavel Eljanov at Chessbase.com
|This biographical article relating to a Ukrainian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|