|Member of the Moscow Oblast Duma|
14 December 1997 – 15 October 2011
Pavel Nikolayevich Grudinin
20 October 1960
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
United Russia (2007–2010)
Communist Party (alliance in the 2018 election)
|Alma mater||Moscow State Agroengineering University|
Life and career
Grudinin was born in Moscow, to Nikolai Konstantinovich Grudinin and Serafima Zinovievna Grudinina (née Pishchik), both agricultural workers who met while studying at the Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy. In 1961 they were sent to the Leninsky District, Moscow Oblast to work at the Lenin Sovkhoz. According to Grudinin, his sister, grandmother and son, his aunts, uncles and cousins all worked in the same sovkhoz on different levels, and their "dynasty spent over 250 years in total working" there.
His paternal grandparents were from the Vologda Governorate. His father was born in the Gryazovetsky District and grew up in Vologda. His maternal grandfather was Jewish, from the Volgograd Oblast, who moved to Leningrad and married an ethnic Russian woman; he served as a tank commander during the Great Patriotic War and was declared missing in action in 1944. Grudinin identifies himself as Russian. He belongs to Russian Orthodoxy, but criticizes current ROC for "interference in temporal affairs".
After graduating from school in 1977 he entered the Moscow State Agroengineering University as a mechanical engineer, and graduated in 1982. After graduating he began working at the Lenin State Farm (sovkhoz), where many members of his family had already been employed. From 1982 to 1989 he worked there as head of the mechanical workshop, from 1990 to 1995 as deputy director. In 1995 he became the general director of newly formed privately held company ZAO Lenin State Farm, where he also got the blocking shareholding.
Since 1997, he was elected three times as a deputy of the Moscow Oblast Duma, where he successfully worked until 2011. In 2001 he graduated from the Russian Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation, majoring in jurisprudence.
In 2017, he was elected Municipal Deputy of the settlement city Vidnoye. On 9 October 2017, Grudinin was elected Speaker of the Council of Deputies. On 14 February 2019, the Council of Deputies removed Pavel Grudinin from the post of Speaker. And on 26 February, the Council of Deputies dismissed Grudinin from a position of the Deputy.
On 14 March 2019, the Communist party decided to give Pavel Grudinin the seat in the State Duma of Zhores Alferov, who died on 1 March 2019. However, on 21 March, the CEC refused Grudinin because of uncovered foreign accounts. This decision caused a negative reaction from the Communist party. On 23 March, communists protests took place across the country, one of the goals of which was to support Grudinin.
2018 presidential campaign
On 23 December 2017, at the XVII Congress of the Communist Party, Pavel Grudinin was nominated as presidential candidate. It was also announced that his campaign headquarters will be headed by Gennady Zyuganov.
Grudinin's nomination was criticized by many left-wing politicians, in particular, Sergey Mironov, Maxim Suraykin, Boris Kagarlitsky and others. The main reasons for criticism is that Grudinin is a businessman, that he is representative of the "bourgeois class" which Communism is ideologically opposed to, and that Pavel Grudinin previously was a member of United Russia party. In addition, criticism of Grudinin intensified when he was revealed to have uncovered foreign bank accounts.
Pavel Grudinin gave an interview to the Russian vlogger Yury Dud. During an interview, Grudinin made a bet that if he did not receive at least 15% of the vote during the presidential election, he would shave off his moustache. Otherwise, Dud would have had to shave his head. Grudinin indeed failed to achieve his goal and published a video clip that showed the beard-shaving process.
At the Grudinin won 11.8% of the vote, and lost election.
2024 presidential candidacy
On 14 November 2019, Grudinin announced that he intends to run for President again in 2024. In case of victory, Grudinin promised to dissolve the State Duma and nationalize the proceeds obtained illegally. Pavel Grudinin said that he would seek the nomination of the Communist party, while if the party nominates another candidate, Grudinin would be ready to support him.
On 16 July 2018 Pavel Grudinin divorced his wife Irina through the court. The reason for the divorce was adultery of Grudinin, long concealed from his wife's relationship on the side and kept a second family. In addition to the official family, Grudinin was in a relationship with Ksenia Kutyukhina, who bore him two more daughters in 2012 and 2014.
2018 presidential election
|Pavel Grudinin||Communist Party||8,659,206||11.77|
|Vladimir Zhirinovsky||Liberal Democratic Party||4,154,985||5.65|
|Ksenia Sobchak||Civic Initiative||1,238,031||1.68|
|Boris Titov||Party of Growth||556,801||0.76|
|Maxim Suraykin||Communists of Russia||499,342||0.68|
|Sergey Baburin||Russian All-People's Union||479,013||0.65|
Awards and titles
He was awarded the medal In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow, Thanks to the President of the Russian Federation, an honorary diploma of the State Duma. He has the title of Honored Worker of Agriculture of the Russian Federation.
- "Директор Совхоза им. В.И. Ленина Павел Грудинин: Мы стали заложниками формулы". kprf.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Грудинина убрали с поста председателя совета депутатов Видного
- Закат политической карьеры Грудинина: Совет депутатов Видного лишил его мандата
- "Кандидатом в президенты от КПРФ станет не Геннадий Зюганов, а Павел Грудинин". Meduza (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2017-12-22. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- A Fairy Tale Comes True article from Sovetskaya Rossiya, August 1, 2017 (in Russian)
- Russian Presidential Candidate Pavel Grudinin - A Self-made Man at Promdevelop.ru database of Russian and CIS industries (in Russian with built-in Google Translate)
- Grudinin: Stalin is our greatest leader of the past 100 years interview to Yury Dud, February 6, 2018 (in Russian)
- A List of Losses scan at OBD Memorial (in Russian)
- Интервью с Павлом Грудининым, 23.12.2017
- Pavel Grudinin's meeting with electorate in Nizhny Novgorod, 38:00, at the Red Line online TV (in Russian)
- Pavel Grudinin: "I'm a project of my parents, not Kremlin" interview at the Free Press online newspaper, February 26, 2018 (in Russian)
- "Земляника – ягода победы" (in Russian). 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Красный капиталист: почему КПРФ выдвинула в президенты Павла Грудинина
- "Музей клоунов заработал в совхозе имени Ленина". Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Совет депутатов Видного снял с должности председателя Грудинина
- Политическая карьера Грудинина окончена
- "Грудинин получит депутатский мандат Жореса Алферова" (in Russian). РИА Новости. 14 March 2019. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- Ведомости (2019-03-21). "ЦИК отказался передать Грудинину мандат депутата Госдумы". www.vedomosti.ru. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "В Москве и других городах проходят акции коммунистов за права граждан". Радио Свобода. 2019-03-23.
- Съезд КПРФ утвердил кандидатуру Грудинина на выборах президента РФ
- Зюганов возглавит предвыборный штаб Грудинина
- КПРФ совершает огромную ошибку: Сурайкин о выдвижении Грудинина
- Миронов считает выдвижение Грудинина на выборы политической ошибкой
- Кагарлицкий: Выдвижение Грудинина привело к расколу левых
- ЦИК: Грудинин избавился от иностранных ценных бумаг стоимостью 7,5 млрд рублей
- Политолог: Почему Грудинину пришлось лично ехать в Австрию, чтобы закрыть «транзитный счет»?
- "Payout time! Communist candidate shaves off mustache after losing bet on election result".
- "Грудинин объявил, что будет баллотироваться в президенты в 2024 году". Daily Storm. 2019-11-14. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Грудинин будет участвовать в следующих выборах президента". Федерал Пресс. 2019-11-14. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Кто такой Павел Грудинин
- Зюганов видит лучшим кандидатом в президенты Грудинина
- Жена Грудинина рассказала о разводе после 37 лет брака
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign website
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign Facebook
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign Twitter
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign YouTube
- Кандидат в президенты Павел Грудинин
- Павел Грудинин (биография)
| Communist Party presidential candidate