|Member of the Moscow Oblast Duma|
14 December 1997 – 15 October 2011
Pavel Nikolayevich Grudinin
20 October 1960
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
United Russia (2007–2010)
Communist Party (alliance in the 2018 election)
|Alma mater||Moscow State Agroengineering University|
Life and career
Grudinin was born in Moscow, to Nikolai Konstantinovich Grudinin and Serafima Zinovievna Grudinina (née Pishchik), both agricultural workers who met while studying at the Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy. In 1961 they were sent to the Leninsky District, Moscow Oblast to work at the Lenin Sovkhoz. According to Grudinin, his sister, grandmother and son, his aunts, uncles and cousins all worked in the same sovkhoz on different levels, and their "dynasty spent over 250 years in total working" there.
His paternal grandparents were from the Vologda Governorate. His father was born in the Gryazovetsky District and grew up in Vologda. His maternal grandfather was Jewish, from the Volgograd Oblast, who moved to Leningrad and married an ethnic Russian woman; he served as a tank commander during the Great Patriotic War and was declared missing in action in 1944. Grudinin identifies himself as Russian. He belongs to Russian Orthodoxy, but criticizes current ROC for "interference in temporal affairs".
After graduating from school in 1977 he entered the Moscow State Agroengineering University as a mechanical engineer, and graduated in 1982. After graduating he began working at the Lenin State Farm (sovkhoz), where many members of his family had already been employed. From 1982 to 1989 he worked there as head of the mechanical workshop, from 1990 to 1995 as deputy director. In 1995 he became the general director of newly formed privately held company ZAO Lenin State Farm, where he also got the blocking shareholding.
Since 1997, he was elected three times as a deputy of the Moscow Oblast Duma, where he successfully worked until 2011. In 2001 he graduated from the Russian Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation, majoring in jurisprudence.
In 2017, he was elected Municipal Deputy of the settlement city Vidnoye. On 9 October 2017, Grudinin was elected Speaker of the Council of Deputies. On 14 February 2019, the Council of Deputies removed Pavel Grudinin from the post of Speaker. And on 26 February, the Council of Deputies dismissed Grudinin from a position of the Deputy.
2018 Presidential campaign
On 23 December 2017, at the XVII Congress of the Communist Party, Pavel Grudinin was nominated as presidential candidate. It was also announced that his campaign headquarters will be headed by Gennady Zyuganov.
Have Grudinin, according to the Declaration, in 2015, only interest income amounted to 752 million rubles. Can you imagine how much money he has? Plus, he's the owner of the farm, which in itself is worth several billion rubles. This is a real billionaire. Very large. And I understand if he income gave the party, for the benefit of the Communist cause. Still, there are decent people who earn a lot. But he still was a member of "United Russia". If a person earned billions, if the person was in the ruling party (United Russia), and then suddenly change one's shoes in the Communists, to put it mildly, is strange. To such a man the question immediately arises. Therefore, it is clear that a large part of the potential electorate would not support such a candidate.
In my opinion, they made a mistake, a political mistake, and my long-cherished idea of inevitability in historical perspective, the closest Association the Communist party and A Just Russia with this step, I think this idea is close to its implementation.
On 16 July 2018 Pavel Grudinin divorced his wife Irina through the court. The reason for the divorce was adultery of Grudinin, long concealed from his wife's relationship on the side and kept a second family. In addition to the official family, Grudinin was in a relationship with Ksenia Kutyukhina, who bore him two more daughters in 2012 and 2014.
2018 presidential election
|Pavel Grudinin||Communist Party||8,659,206||11.77|
|Vladimir Zhirinovsky||Liberal Democratic Party||4,154,985||5.65|
|Ksenia Sobchak||Civic Initiative||1,238,031||1.68|
|Boris Titov||Party of Growth||556,801||0.76|
|Maxim Suraykin||Communists of Russia||499,342||0.68|
|Sergey Baburin||Russian All-People's Union||479,013||0.65|
Awards and titles
He was awarded the medal In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow, Thanks to the President of the Russian Federation, an honorary diploma of the State Duma. He has the title of Honored Worker of Agriculture of the Russian Federation.
During an interview with Russian vlogger Yuri Dud, Grudinin made a bet that if he did not receive at least 15% of the vote during the presidental election, he would shave off his moustache. Otherwise, Dud would have had to shave his head. Grudinin indeed failed to achieve his goal and published a video clip that showed the beard-shaving process.
- "Директор Совхоза им. В.И. Ленина Павел Грудинин: Мы стали заложниками формулы". kprf.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Грудинина убрали с поста председателя совета депутатов Видного
- Закат политической карьеры Грудинина: Совет депутатов Видного лишил его мандата
- "Кандидатом в президенты от КПРФ станет не Геннадий Зюганов, а Павел Грудинин". Meduza (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- A Fairy Tale Comes True article from Sovetskaya Rossiya, August 1, 2017 (in Russian)
- Russian Presidential Candidate Pavel Grudinin - A Self-made Man at Promdevelop.ru database of Russian and CIS industries (in Russian with built-in Google Translate)
- Grudinin: Stalin is our greatest leader of the past 100 years interview to Yury Dud, February 6, 2018 (in Russian)
- A List of Losses scan at OBD Memorial (in Russian)
- Интервью с Павлом Грудининым, 23.12.2017
- Pavel Grudinin's meeting with electorate in Nizhny Novgorod, 38:00, at the Red Line online TV (in Russian)
- Pavel Grudinin: "I'm a project of my parents, not Kremlin" interview at the Free Press online newspaper, February 26, 2018 (in Russian)
- "Земляника – ягода победы" (in Russian). 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Красный капиталист: почему КПРФ выдвинула в президенты Павла Грудинина
- "Музей клоунов заработал в совхозе имени Ленина". Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Совет депутатов Видного снял с должности председателя Грудинина
- Политическая карьера Грудинина окончена
- "Грудинин получит депутатский мандат Жореса Алферова" (in Russian). РИА Новости. 14 March 2019. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- Съезд КПРФ утвердил кандидатуру Грудинина на выборах президента РФ
- Зюганов возглавит предвыборный штаб Грудинина
- КПРФ совершает огромную ошибку: Сурайкин о выдвижении Грудинина
- Миронов считает выдвижение Грудинина на выборы политической ошибкой
- Кто такой Павел Грудинин
- Зюганов видит лучшим кандидатом в президенты Грудинина
- Жена Грудинина рассказала о разводе после 37 лет брака
- "Payout time! Communist candidate shaves off mustache after losing bet on election result".
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign website
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign Facebook
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign Twitter
- Pavel Grudinin presidential campaign YouTube
- Кандидат в президенты Павел Грудинин
- Павел Грудинин (биография)
| Communist Party presidential candidate