|Chair of the European Parliament Legal Affairs Committee|
7 July 2014 – 1 July 2019
|Preceded by||Klaus-Heiner Lehne|
|Minister without Portfolio|
Chairman of the Legislative Council
23 January 2009 – 8 May 2009
|Prime Minister||Mirek Topolánek|
|Preceded by||Cyril Svoboda|
|Succeeded by||Daniela Kovářová|
|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2014 – 1 July 2019
9 April 1962
(now Czech Republic)
|Political party|| Czech:|
European People's Party (EPP)
Pavel Svoboda (born 9 April 1962) is a Czech politician and lawyer and from 2014 to 2019 a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) from the Czech Republic for European People's Party representing KDU-ČSL.
Early life and education
From 23 January 2009 to 8 May 2009, Svoboda was minister without portfolio and chairman of the Government's Legislative Council. In 2009, he was on the Czech government’s shortlist for the role of European Commissioner.
In May 2014 Svoboda was elected Member of the European Parliament for KDU-ČSL, part of European Peoples Party. Subsequently he was elected Chairman of the European Parliament Committee on Legal Affairs (JURI). He is also a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime)
- Simon Taylor (July 7, 2014), Reding to miss out on chair of legal affairs committee European Voice.
- Curious Commission choices European Voice, November 11, 2009.
- "Members elect chairs and vice-chairs of parliamentary committees". EP. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Members of the European Parliament on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime) European Parliament.
- (in Czech) Official biography