|Chair of the European Parliament Legal Affairs Committee|
7 July 2014
|Preceded by||Klaus-Heiner Lehne|
|Member of the European Parliament|
9 April 1962
Prague, Czech Republic
|Political party|| Czech:
European People's Party (EPP)
Early life and education
From 23 January 2009 to 8 May 2009, Svoboda was minister without portfolio and chairman of the Government's Legislative Council. In 2009, he was on the Czech government’s shortlist for the role of European Commissioner.
In May 2014 Svoboda was elected Member of the European Parliament for KDU-ČSL, part of European Peoples Party. Subsequently he was elected Chairman of the European Parliament Committee on Legal Affairs (JURI). He is also a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime)
- Simon Taylor (July 7, 2014), Reding to miss out on chair of legal affairs committee European Voice.
- Curious Commission choices European Voice, November 11, 2009.
- "Members elect chairs and vice-chairs of parliamentary committees". EP. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Members of the European Parliament on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime) European Parliament.
- (in Czech) Official biography