|Administrative region||Central Greece|
|• Municipal unit||38.468 km2 (14.853 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||498|
|• Municipal unit density||13/km2 (34/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
It is divided into two settlements, Pavliani proper or Ano Pavliani (Άνω Παύλιανη) and Nea Pavliani (Νέα Παύλιανη) or Kato Pavliani (Κάτω Παύλιανη). Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality of Lamia, of which it is a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 38.468 km2. Population was 498 in the 2011 census, of whom 367 in Ano Pavliani and 131 in Kato Pavliani.
The ruins of the medieval town of Siderokastron are located to the east of the village. The village was also the site of the Battle of Pavliani on 3 June 1943, by the forces of the Greek Resistance against an Italian army column. A monument dedicated to the fallen of the battle stands at the entrance of Kato Pavliani.
- Community of Pavliani (Greek) (English)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- Koder & Hild 1976, pp. 256–257.
- Koder, Johannes; Hild, Friedrich (1976). Tabula Imperii Byzantini, Band 1: Hellas und Thessalia (in German). Vienna: Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften. ISBN 3-7001-0182-1.
|This Central Greece location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|