Pavlina R. Tcherneva
Pavlina R. Tcherneva
Pavlina R. Tcherneva (2017)
|Field||Public economics; Modern monetary theory; Unemployment|
|Post Keynesian economics|
|Alma mater||Gettysburg College|
University of Missouri-Kansas City
|Influences||John Maynard Keynes|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Pavlina R. Tcherneva is an American economist, of Bulgarian descent, working as associate professor and director of the Economics program at Bard College. She is also a research associate at the Levy Economics Institute and expert at the Institute for New Economic Thinking.
Tcherneva studied Economics and Mathematics at Gettysburg College, Pennsylvania, obtaining her B.A. with honors in both, in 1997. She obtained her Master's degree in Economics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, in 2004, where she also defended her Economics and Social Science Ph.D. dissertation in 2008.
Tcherneva has taught at the Franklin and Marshall College and the University of Missouri-Kansas City. During 2000-2006, she served as the associate director for economic analysis at the Center for Full Employment and Price Stability, where she remains a senior research associate. In summer 2004, she was a visiting scholar at the University of Cambridge's Centre for Economic and Public Policy, in the United Kingdom, and since July 2007, she's a research scholar at the Levy Economics Institute.
Tcherneva's work is on Macroeconomics issues, where she is conducting research in the field of fiscal policy, with a focus on full employment. She is a notable proponent of modern monetary theory and the notion of a job guarantee. She has collaborated with policymakers from various countries, including the United States, on developing job-creation programs.
- Forstater, Mathew & Tcherneva, P. (editors) Full Employment and Price Stability: The Macroeconomic Vision of William S. Vickrey, Elgar, 2004, ISBN 9781843764090
- Tcherneva, Pavlina. "Chartalism and the tax-driven approach" in Philip Arestis & Malcolm C. Sawyer, A handbook of alternative monetary economics. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2006
- Tcherneva, Pavlina. "The Nature, Origins, and Role of Money: Broad and Specific Propositions and Their Implications for Policy" Center for Full Employment and Price Stability, University of Missouri-Kansas City, July 2005
- Tcherneva, Pavlina R. (2010). "Fiscal Policy: The Wrench in the New Economic Consensus". International Journal of Political Economy. 39 (3): 24–44. JSTOR 23032385.
- Pavlina Tcherneva, Institute for New Economic Thinking
- "Greece wants to save Europe, but can it persuade Europeans?", Al Jazeera America website, 18 February 2015
- "What’s Wrong with David Leonhardt’s NYT Piece on Inequality?", New Economic Perspectives, 19 February 2015
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|