Pavonia-Newport (HBLR station)
|Location||Mall Drive East
Jersey City, NJ
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 64, 68, and 126
Academy Bus: Westampton, Lincroft/Red Bank lines
Red & Tan in Hudson County: 16
(above connections on Washington Boulevard)
Red & Tan in Hudson County: 4, 16
(inside Newport Centre Mall)
PATH at Newport
|Opened||November 18, 2000|
|Electrified||750 V (DC) overhead catenary|
|Passengers (2006)||795,860 2%|
Pavonia-Newport is a station on the Hudson–Bergen Light Rail (HBLR) located at Mall Drive East in Jersey City, New Jersey. There are two tracks and an island platform. Current NJ Transit maps and timetables refer to this station as "Newport," following a similar change several years earlier in the name of the adjacent PATH station.
The station opened on November 18, 2000. Northbound service from the station is available to Hoboken Terminal and Tonnelle Avenue, in North Bergen. Southbound service is available to West Side Avenue in Jersey City and 8th Street in Bayonne. Connection to PATH trains to midtown Manhattan and to New Jersey Transit commuter train service are available at Hoboken Terminal. Transfers to PATH trains to Newark, Harrison, and downtown Manhattan are available at Exchange Place.
As of 2014, it the most frequently used station on the HBLR system.
Trackside view of Newport Centre Mall parking garage
- "NJ TRANSIT AVERAGE WEEKDAY LIGHT RAIL PASSENGER BOARDINGS Fiscal Year 2014" (PDF). July 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-06."NJ TRANSIT AVERAGE WEEKDAY LIGHT RAIL PASSENGER BOARDINGS Fiscal Year 2014" (PDF). July 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-06.
- NJT Hudson–Bergen Light Rail station information page for Pavonia-Newport
- Hudson–Bergen Light Rail schedule
- Subway Nut station info and photos
- north entrance from Google Maps Street View
- south entrance from Google Maps Street View
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|