This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Huelle studied Polish philology at Gdańsk University and, in 1980, participated in the efforts to establish an independent student organization. Later, he became a journalist and worked for the press service of Solidarność (Solidarity). After the declaration of martial law, he cooperated with the samizdat movement. He has also taught literature, philosophy, and history. He was the director of TVP3 Gdańsk from 1994 to 1999 and has served as the literary manager for the Municipal Theater of Gdyni.
His literary debut came in 1987 with Weiser Dawidek (translated as Who was David Weiser?), which was made into a film (Weiser) by Wojciech Marczewski in 2000. He is also a member of the Polish PEN Club.
His wife is the painter, Ida Łotocka-Huelle.
- Weiser Dawidek (1987)
- Opowiadania na czas przeprowadzki (1991) (trans. Moving House and Other Stories Bloomsbury 1994)
- Wiersze (1994)
- Pierwsza miłość i inne opowiadania (1996) (trans. "The first love and other stories")
- Mercedes-Benz. Z listów do Hrabala. (2001) (trans. Mercedes Benz Serpent's Tail 2005)
- Hans Castorp w Sopocie. Zaginiony rozdział z 'Czarodziejskiej Góry' (2002) (trans. Castorp Serpent's Tail 2007)
- Byłem samotny i szczęśliwy (2002) (trans. "I was lonely and happy")
- Ostatnia Wieczerza (2007) (trans. The Last Supper Serpent's Tail 2008)
- The Gift of Freedom, short essay, English, June 2009
Works in Translation
- Who was David Weiser? Bloomsbury 1991 ISBN 978-0-7475-2346-8
- Castorp Serpent's Tail 2007, ISBN 978-1-85242-945-4
- Mercedes-Benz Serpent's Tail 2005, ISBN 978-1-85242-869-3
- The Last Supper Serpent's Tail 2008, ISBN 978-1-85242-980-5
- Moving House and Other Stories Bloomsbury 1996, ISBN 978-0-7475-2244-7
- Cold Sea Stories Comma Press 2012, ISBN 978-1-9055-8339-3
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2018)
- Paweł Huelle at Culture.pl
|This article about a Polish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|