Pax Romana (comics)
Cover art of Pax Romana #1. Art by Jonathan Hickman.
|Publication date||December 2007 – November 2008|
|No. of issues||4|
Cardinal Beppi Pelle
|Created by||Jonathan Hickman|
|Written by||Jonathan Hickman|
|Pax Romana||ISBN 1-58240-873-4|
Vatican-backed research has discovered the secret of time travel. With it the Church plans to fix the future by altering the past. They send a warehouse of modern weaponry and enhanced soldiers to Rome in 312AD. Plans change quickly as the cardinal in charge of the mission is shot.
|Title||Material collected||Publication date||ISBN|
|Pax Romana||Pax Romana #1–4||April 2008||ISBN 1-58240-873-4|
On April 30, 2014, Syfy announced they would be adapting Pax Romana into a miniseries. Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia (Warehouse 13) are writing the show, with Scaia and David Alpert (The Walking Dead) executive producing. Hickman will serve as a co-executive producer. However, since the announcement there have been no new details of the project moving forward.
- Nicholas Chase
- A retired American general who is sent with Cardinal Beppi Pelle on a mission from the Pope to change history and right the wrongs of modern humanity by ensuring that the Catholic Church reigns supreme.
- Gene Pope
- Pope who tells the young Holy Roman Emperor the story of how the empire has lasted for so many centuries.
- Beppi Pelle
- Cardinal chosen to be sent back in time to make sure the Catholic Church retains supremacy.
- Constantine was the first Christian emperor of Rome. Considered within the story to be the last effective ruler of Rome.
- Hickman Saves the Future, Destroys the Past in "Pax Romana", Comic Book Resources, October 16, 2007
- Foreword and preview of the collected edition
- Pax Romana at the Grand Comics Database
- Pax Romana at the Comic Book DB
|This Image Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|