Pax World Funds
|Founded||Portsmouth, New Hampshire (1971)|
|Headquarters||Portsmouth, New Hampshire, U.S.|
|Joseph Keefe, President |
Steve Falci, Chief Investment Officer
Julie Fox Gorte, Ph.D. SVP for Sustainable Investing
|Products||Mutual funds, separately managed accounts|
Number of employees
Pax World Funds ("Pax World") are advised by Impax Asset Management LLC, formerly Pax World Management LLC, a sustainable investment firm. Pax World integrates Environmental Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) factors into investment analysis and portfolio construction. For over 45 years, Pax World has made it possible for investors to align their investments with their values and have a positive social and environmental impact. Its platform of sustainable investing solutions includes a family of mutual funds, as well as separately managed accounts.
Pax World launched the first socially responsible mutual fund in the United States in 1971.
The company was founded by Luther Tyson and Jack Corbett, both of whom had worked on peace, housing and employment issues for the United Methodist Church. It was their desire to make it possible for investors to align their investments with their values. At the same time, they wanted to challenge corporations to establish and live up to specific standards of social and environmental responsibility. Their vehicle, the first broadly diversified, publicly available mutual fund to use social as well as financial criteria in the investment decision-making process, was the Pax World Fund, predecessor of what is now the Pax World Balanced Fund.
In 2014, Pax World Management LLC and Ellevate Asset Management LLC, whose principal is Sallie Krawcheck, partnered to form Pax Ellevate Management. Pax Ellevate launched the Pax Ellevate Global Women’s Index Fund, the first broadly diversified mutual fund that invests in companies that are among the highest rated in the world when it comes to advancing women’s leadership.
In 2018, Impax Asset Management Group plc acquired Pax World Management LLC, investment adviser to Pax World Funds.
- Sarah M. Gantz, "Luther E. Tyson, 85; applied social activism to mutual fund investing" , obituary in Boston Globe, 22 May 2008
- Pax World's official website
- Gender Equality Fuels Performance, FA Green, November, 2010 
- Investing with Standards, Research Magazine, June, 2011 
- Yahoo! Finance Pax World
- Pax World CEO one of "Most Influential in Business Ethics"
- FT’s top feminist men help women succeed in business and beyond, Financial Times, September, 2015
- ‘Sustainable Investing’ Goes Mainstream, Wall Street Journal, January, 2016
- Are you Ready to Invest in Women? Green Money Journal, March, 2016