||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (May 2013)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2015)|
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Locations||Scotland, London, Manila and Singapore|
|Founders||Jonathan Guthrie, Ronald Millar|
|The Board||Andrew Burke, Jonathan Guthrie, Ronald Millar, Peter Freeman, David Morrison, Graeme Jones|
|Incorporated||22 May 1997 (as MGt plc)|
|Industry||Broadcast, Publishing, New Media|
Paywizard is a UK-based provider of online payment and subscription management technologies and services. They enable broadcasters and other media companies to maximise the money they make from the content they own or produce, across multiple platforms (Digital Satellite, Digital Terrestrial, Online) and multiple screens (Connected TV, Smartphone, Computer, Tablet).
Paywizard exists to make it easy for broadcasters to make money from the content they produce, and enables viewers to pay for the TV that they want to watch – regardless of how, when, where or on what device they choose to watch it.
Originally MGt plc, the company rebranded as Paywizard Group plc in order to position itself as a technology-led business.
Paywizard is based in the UK and operates globally.
Paywizard Agile- Subscriber Management System
A platform that provides subscriber management and billing for multi-screen media. It combines intelligent subscriber management technology with rich marketing functionalities and a powerful finance system, enabling customers to maximise consumer relationships, drive revenues and profitability.
MyPayWizard, a secure online payment account (known as an ‘e-wallet’) that enables purchasing of content and to receive offers and discounts. This customer account brings together regular subscriptions, flexible payment options and ‘single-click’ purchases.
Security and compliance
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2013)|
Paywizard, in a partnership with connected TV software company Easel TV and video technology company Ooyala, was rewarded with the prize for the Best Native App for Connected TV for the ALL3MEDIA app at the ConnectedWorld.TV awards at IBC2012, beating entrants from across the industry including BBC iPlayer and Meteo News TV.
European Seal of e-Excellence. The seal award is intended to promote innovation and marketing practices.
Paywizard were recently nominated for Digital Business of the Year at The Courier Business Awards.
Paywizard’s customers comprise some of the biggest names in the global media and entertainment sector, including: Sony, ITV, Virgin Media, the Discovery Channel, All3Media  and Film4oD.
In autumn last year Paywizard signed a deal with BT to deploy Paywizard software as middleware to enable the brand new BT Sport channels on BSkyB’s DSAT platform.
WorldPay and Paywizard announced an agreement to integrate WorldPay’s payment processing capabilities with PayWizard’s subscriber management functionality.
Clearleap has partnered with Paywizard to introduce billing integration and subscription services on connected devices.
- MGt plc. "Fife company Paywizard set for growth both home and abroad!", Invest in Fife, Fife, 14 March 2013.
- FSA Register. "Financial Services Register", FSA
- Customer Contact Association. "MGt plc", CCA Global
- Connected TV. "Winners announced for 2012 ConnectedWorld.TV Awards", Connected World.TV Awards, Amsterdam, 12 September 2012.
- European Seal of e-Excellence. "PayWizard wins Platinum European Seal for e-Excellence 2012 at CeBiT", PaymentEye, Germany, 7 March 2012.
- The Courier Business Awards "‘Gem after gem' — Courier Business Awards finalists announced", The Courier, Scotland, 18 September 2013.
- ITV. "PayWizard for ITV micropayments", Advanced Television, London, 30 January 2012.
- ITV. "ITV reveals summer micropayments launch", Broadcast, London, 28 June 2012.
- ITV. "PayWizard launches first dedicated payment and subscriber management solution for TV and media industry", VOD Professional, London, 21 February 2013.
- All3Media. "All3Media to launch video-on-demand TV app", The Guardian, London, 19 March 2012.
- Film4oD. "FilmFlex Movies pockets PayWizard e-wallet", Advanced Television, London, 2 September 2011.
- BT Sport. "BT Sport running PayWizard subscription platform", Broadband TV News, London, 30 October 2013.
- Racing UK. "PayWizard teams with Racing UK", Advanced Television, London, 25 November 2013.
- Racing UK. "PayWizard is Front Runner in Racing UK’s Multiscreen Strategy", VOD Professional, London, 25 November 2013.
- Worldpay. "WorldPay, PayWizard Partner For Digital Media Payments" Pymnts.com
- Clearleap. "Clearleap partners with PayWizard on multiscreen payments" Digital TV Europe