Pay to Cum
|"Pay to Cum"|
|Single by Bad Brains|
|B-side||"Stay Close to Me"|
|Recorded||December 1979 at Dots Studio in New York City|
|Label||Bad Brain (BB 001)|
|Songwriter(s)||Paul Hudson, Dr. Know, Darryl Jenifer, Earl Hudson|
|Bad Brains singles chronology|
"Pay to Cum" (titled "Pay to Cum!" on the record cover) is the debut single by Washington, D.C.-based hardcore punk band Bad Brains. It was released in June 1980 on Bad Brain Records. The single was recorded in New York City by Jimi Quidd at his Dots Studios.
The A-side to the original single was "Pay to Cum", while the flipside was "Stay Close to Me", identified as Side 1. The original 7" had no B-side or Side 2.
In popular culture
- Jimi Quidd – producer
- Steve Horton, Reese Virgin – engineers, mixing
- Leigh Sioris – assistant engineer
- Bob Ludwig – mastering
- Charles Davis – front cover photo
- Paul Bishow – photography
- Fleischmann, Mark; Fasolino, Greg (2007). "Bad Brains". Trouser Press.
- McGuire, Pat (June 7, 2007). "The Blessings of Versatility: MCA Interviews the Bad Brains". Filter Magazine. Archived from the original on October 19, 2007.