Payal Rohatgi at the Colors Indian Telly Awards, 2012.
9 November 1984 |
|Title||Supermodel Miss Tourism World 2001
Miss India Tourism 2001
|Partner(s)||sangram Singh (2011-present)|
Rohatgi was born in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, India on 9 November 1984. She is the daughter of Veena Rohatgi and Shashank Rohatgi. She has a brother named Gaurav Rohatgi. She was brought up in a middle-class family and grew up in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. She completed her schooling from Udgam School and did her engineering from L.D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad. She is a Computer Engineer by education. Her father is a Chemical Engineer and mother was working as a Teacher till her retirement recently. Her brother is a Electronics Engineer.
Rohatgi started her career by being part of Femina Miss India paegent in the year with Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta & Dia Mirza. She later went on to represent India as Miss India Tourism in Miss Tourism World paegent internationally,. There Rohatgi won the coveted title of Supermodel Miss Tourism World.
Soon Rohatgi started modelling for popular brands like Amul, Nirma, Nescafe, Dabur Hair Oil, Jaguar Bath Panel, etc. She gained attention after appearing in a television ad for Cadbury's Temptations Chocolates. Around this time she also appeared in music videos by rock band, Silk Route and Indipop artist, KK.
In 2002 she did her debut with Patth Produced By Hyder Kazmi and in 2006, she got her breakthrough with a Important Role in a big-budget Bollywood film 36 China Town, directed by Abbas Mustan and starring Shahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, & Akshaye Khanna.
In 2010, Payal Rohatgi made her theatre debut with director and producer Vandana Sajnani play called Fourplay. She said she thoroughly enjoyed working with a lady director for the first time in her career. Also Rohatgi found the theatre medium quite powerful as compared to films and television.
In 2014 Rohatgi was part of the National Anthem that was shot by director Rajeev Walia with 70 Indian celebrities & was released worldwide in 150 countries in August. 30 September 2014 Rohatgi will make her Television Debut as a Negative lead character Anam in Sony TV show Humsafars. She is very excited to be part of television fiction shows considering that earlier it was reality shows on television that gave her love and respect among her fans. Ms Rohatgi was loved by the way she portrayed the stylish character Anam by the audiences. Her talent as an actress was clearly visible. The show got finished on 27 February 2015. In April 2015, Ms Rohatgi with her Fiance Wrestler Sangram Singh were seen in a Dance Reality show NachBaliye7 which was telecast on Star Plus. They gave some amazing dance performances and lasted in the show till the 7th Gala episode. They were voted out by the judges as there was No Public Voting which was quite a shocker to their fans who were showering their love on this sweet couple by trending them Pan-India everyweek till the time the couple was in the show. Nevertheless both Sangram and Payal exited gracefully they both believe that whatever happens is for the best. 
Later on we came to know that Sangram Singh, Ms Rohatgi fiance and an International Wrestler had a fight with Canadian Wrestler Joe Legend in South Africa on 18 July 2015 which coincided with the Finale of NachBaliye7. Apparently Sangram and Payal had signed the show till 5 July and then the makers extended the finale dates to 18 July. Also there were reports that the makers were giving partial treatment to a few contestants by allowing them to travel abroad during the reality shooting of the show.  
In 2008, during the second season of the show, Bigg Boss, Rohatgi was romantically linked with fellow inmate, Rahul Mahajan, immediately after he divorced Shweta Singh. The couple broke up later, with Rohatgi citing abuse and physical assault as the main reasons of their split. Reports have also surfaced of her dating South African cricketer, Herschelle Gibbs in 2010. Since 2011 Rohatgi has been in a committed relationship with Gold medal Indian Wrestler Sangram Singh whom she met on the sets of reality show Survivor India. She is an ardent devotee of Sai Baba of Shirdi.
On 27 February 2014, she got engaged to wrestler Sangram Singh in Ahmedabad. Sangram has been like a son to her family as he was instrumental in reuniting Payal's father and mother after 16 years as they were separated due to some difference in opinions. He is more close to her family than she is, is what Ms Rohatgi jokes sometimes.
|2002||Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?||Esha||Remake of American Pie|
|2002||Refuge||Miss World Tourism 2001|
|2003||Police Force: An Inside Story||Item Song|
|2004||Tauba Tauba||Payal||Remake of Private Lessons|
|2005||Chetna: The Excitement||Chetna|
|2005||Fun - Can Be Dangerous Sometimes||Natasha||First Indian film based on wife swapping|
|2006||36 China Town||Gracy||Remake of Once Upon a Crime|
|2006||Men Not Allowed||Tanya|
|2006||Ek Se Mera Kya Hoga|
|2007||Heyy Babyy||Special Appearance||Remake of Three Men and a Baby|
|2008||Ugly Aur Pagli||Guest Appearance|
|N/A||Phir Zindagi||Shelved film|
- Non Fiction/Reality Shows
|2008||Bigg Boss (Season 2)||
Evicted Day 55
|2009||Raaz Pichhle Janam Ka (TV Series)||
|2011||Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout||
Voted out Day 41
|2013||Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki||
|2015||Nach Baliye 7||
- Fiction Shows
- C.I.D. (2010) .... Herself
- Hum Ne Li Hai- Shapath (2013).... Character GONG (special episodal)
- Humsafars (2014-2015)...Negative lead (Anam)
- "Detractors are trying to distort my Wikipedia profile: Payal Rohatgi".
- "Payal Rohatgi - Biography".
- "Payal Rohatgi: Biography". mypayalrohatgi.com. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Love Guru makes Bollywood debut with 'Dil Kabaddi'". Imdb News. Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- "Payal Rohatgi on Shapath".
- "Payal Rohatgi excited about her TV fiction show debut".
- "Payal Rohatgi moves from reality TV to soaps".
- "7 controversies on Nach Baliye 7!".
- "Did Sangram leave Nach Baliye in protest?".
- "Sanjay reveals all about Rahul Mahajan, Payal Rohatgi". 25 August 2008. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "Wife No. 1 Shweta Singh". The Times of India. 31 July 2010. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "Rahul Mahajan assaulted me: Payal Rohatgi". Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- Shah, Kunal M (1 May 2010). "Payal's dinner date with Gibbs". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- Payal Rohatgi is dating a wrestler
- "Payal Rohtagi spotted at Shirdi Temple with Wrestler Sangram Singh". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Sangram Singh brought stability in my life, says Payal Rohatgi". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "I feel like I am in Singapore when I come to Gurgaon: Payal Rohatgi". The Times Of India.
- "Payal Rohatgi on Bigg Boss". Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- Payal Rohatgi at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website
- Payal Rohatgi on Twitter
- Payal Rohatgi on Instagram
- Payal Rohatgi on Facebook
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Payal Rohatgi.|