This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: PAYX
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Business process outsourcing|
|Founder||B. Thomas Golisano|
|Headquarters||Rochester, New York|
|Continental U.S. and Germany|
|B. Thomas Golisano, Chairman
Martin Mucci, President and CEO
|Services||Payroll and HR services|
Number of employees
Paychex, Inc. is an American provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing services for small- to medium-sized businesses. With headquarters in Rochester, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 580,000 payroll clients as of May 31, 2014.
The operation grew to include 18 franchises and partnerships, which were eventually consolidated into one private company in 1979. In 1983, Paychex went public and began trading on the NASDAQ Stock Market. In fiscal 2013, Paychex revenues exceeded $2.3 billion.
|Tom Golisano||1979 – October 2004|
|Jonathan J. Judge||October 2004 – July 2010|
|Martin Mucci||October 2010 – present|
- "PAYX: Profile for Paychex Inc". Yahoo! Finance. Sunnyvale, California: Yahoo!. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "PAYCHEX INC 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. July 22, 2013.
- "PAYCHEX INC 2014 Q3 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. March 26, 2014.
- Paychex, Incorporated (July 22, 2014), FORM 10-K for the fiscal year ended May 31, 2014, Washington, D.C.: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, File 000-11330, film 14987065, retrieved April 21, 2015
- "Golisano Built Paychex into a Success Story." Rochester Business Journal.
- "FPaychex Announces Acquisition of SurePayroll". December 9, 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2011.
- "SurePayroll bought by rival Paychex for $115M". Crain's Chicago Business. December 13, 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2011.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|