Type of site
|Founder(s)||Honor Gunday, Vladimir Kovalyov|
|Industry||IT, Financial services|
|Employees||150+ (July, 2015)|
|Users||200 thousands (2015)|
Honor Gunday and Vladimir Kovalyov started Paymentwall in April 2010 to help game companies on Facebook monetize their global traffic.
On July 1, 2011, Facebook announced that they would no longer allow any outside monetization providers, at which point the company pivoted to providing services to non-Facebook games and online dating websites.
In 2018, Paymentwall spun out Terminal3 as a global payment platform for gaming companies.
In November 2015, the company unveiled its intergalactic-themed development lab in Kyiv.
In July 2019, the company officially announced its two new office locations in Bangalore and Gurgaon.
- "Global online payments company building on Kyiv roots". KyivPost. Retrieved August 21, 2015.
- Sudolskiy, Roman. "Virtualnaya Kassa". Forbes. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- Shield, Mike. "Facebook Makes 'Credits' Lone Gamer Currency". AdWeek. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- Takahashi, Dean. "Paymentwall's in-game payment options gain a good following". Venturebeat. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- "Paymentwall partners with Alipay to enter the Chinese market (press release)". ThePaypers. Archived from the original on November 7, 2016. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- "Paymentwall launches a payment suite for smart TVs so you can buy with your remote control — or smartphone". Venturebeat. Retrieved January 8, 2016.
- "Paymentwall spins out Terminal3 as payment platform for games". VentureBeat. 2018-08-26. Retrieved 2019-09-09.
- "Paymentwall Opens New European HQ In Berlin". SiliconAllee. Archived from the original on January 28, 2015. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- "Paymentwall eröffnet Europa-Hauptsitz in Berlin". Gruenderszene (in German). Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- "Paymentwall opens the doors to its new futuristic development lab in Ukraine". KyivPost. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- "Paymentwall's Gunday Wants To Solve India's Cross Border Payments Problem". Inc42 Media. 2019-07-27. Retrieved 2019-09-09.
- Winegarner, Beth (April 3, 2015). "Paymentwall Accused In Latest Silicon Valley Sex-Bias Suit". Law360. Retrieved August 5, 2017.