|Headquarters||New York, NY United States|
|Services||Online payment, International money transfer|
Number of employees
Account holders can send and receive funds into their bank account, Payoneer e-wallet, or onto a re-loadable prepaid MasterCard debit card that can be used online or at points-of-sale. The company specializes in facilitating cross-border B2B payments. It provides cross-border transactions in 200 countries and territories and more than 150 local currencies, with its cross border wire transfers, online payments, and refillable debit card services.
Companies like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork use Payoneer to send mass payouts around the world. It is also used by eCommerce marketplaces such as Rakuten, Walmart and Wish.com, freelance marketplaces such as Fiverr and Envato, and works with ad networks to connect these firms with publishers based outside of their headquartered country.
Payoneer has a customer care team with 320 employees who support 4 million customers in 70 languages, operating in 150 different currencies.
The company is headquartered in New York City. As of 2019 the company employed approximately 1,200 people, and serves over 4 million customers in 14 offices around the world. In 2019 the company was valued at over $1 billion.
- Yuval Tal: founder and president
- Scott Galit: CEO
- Karen Levy: chief operation officer
- Michael Levine: CFO
Payoneer was founded in 2005 with $2 million in seed funding from founder and then-CEO Yuval Tal, an ex-officer in the Israeli army, and other private investors. 83North (Greylock Israel) led an additional $4 million in funding in 2007, with additional investors including Carmel Ventures, Crossbar Capital, Ping An, Wellington Management, Susquehanna Growth Equity and Nyca Partners. Since 2005 Payoneer has raised over $265 million from investors.
In March 2016, the firm acquired internet escrow company Armor Payments. aiming to address the market for B2B transactions between US$500 and $1,000,000 where credit cards and Letters of Credit are not suitable. It also began working with the Latin American eCommerce site Linio.
In August 2016, the firm added an automated tax form service to its mass payout offering.
In October 2016, the company raised $180 million from Technology Crossover Ventures, bringing the total funding to $234 million.
In 2018, former chief economist of Israel, Yoel Naveh, joined the company to lead Payoneer's working capital division.
Payoneer expanded its Capital Advance service in mid-2019, specifically for e-commerce sellers in the United States, which allows merchants selling on internet platforms such as Amazon and Walmart immediate access to working capital.
In 2019 Payoneer partnered with freelancing platform Toptal to facilitate cross-border payments, allowing more efficient movement of wages between employer and its remote workers.
In 2019 Payoneer hired FT Partners to help facilitate expansion of the company and an additional round of private funding. 
Since 2015, Payoneer’s sales volume in Southeast Asia, a region with one of the strongest gig economies in the world, has grown substantially. In Vietnam it grew by 907%; in Thailand by 789%; in Indonesia by 736% and by 407% in Malaysia.
In 2009 Payoneer became available for use in the Philippines and later opened offices in Manila  in 2016. Since opening in Manila the firm has helped the country’s rural poor improve their standard of living. Since 2015 sales volume has grown for Payoneer by 907% in the Philippines.
They also partnered with the Korean online B2B marketplace EC21.  In 2017 the company released an Integrated Payments API for SaaS providers to link cross-border B2B payments across cloud platforms. In 2018 the company opened and office in Seoul.
Payoneer has a presence in China, and in 2017 it was the exclusive partner and payment service provider of Chinese e-sellers for the Russian e-commerce platform Joom.
The firm closed its services in the Indian market in 2011 by the Reserve Bank of India due to certain directives enforced by the RBI. Payoneer re-entered the Indian market in 2016, after partnering with IndusInd Bank and receiving central bank approval. The company customized its offerings for the Indian market, with special reporting systems and fund-transfer limits that comply with local rules. Payoneer was the first digital payment platform in India to provide customers with a Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate (FIRC) digitally, thereby simplifying the required business processes.
On January 19, 2010 Mahmoud Al-Mabhouh, then chief of logistics and weapons procurement for the military wing of Hamas, was found dead in his hotel room Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Investigation by Dubai Police showed that some of the murder suspects used MasterCards branded by US-based Meta Bank, but issued by Payoneer to pay for their plane tickets to Dubai.  Some speculated that the assassination was orchestrated by the Mossad.  Payoneer offered its full cooperation to the Dubai police during their investigation of the murder.
Payoneer partnered with popular rental website Airbnb in November 2013. The arrangement allowed hosts to conveniently withdraw their earnings using their prepaid Payoneer debit cards. In December 2017 French authorities investigated the payment system, which allowed hosts to receive their payments directly without having to first be deposited in their bank accounts, which could lead to the possibility of tax avoidance. Airbnb agreed to withdraw the payment system in France. 
Payoneer responded, stating that it was "a regulated payment company, which operates in total conformity with the laws and regulations of the European Union," and that "the idea that Payoneer products would help avoid paying taxes or allow money laundering is categorically wrong." 
- Masters, Kiri. "The New Breed Of Lender That's Making Loans To Amazon Sellers Based On Their Sales Data". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- Roshitsh, Kaley; Roshitsh, Kaley (2019-02-25). "Payoneer Launches Capital Advance Services for U.S. Sellers". WWD. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "X-mas GPS, Plastic Wages, Video Antivirus". Associated Press. November 14, 2007. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- MacConnell, Stephanie. "Hyper-Localization Is Key To FinTech Expansion". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- Agarwal, Meha (30 Jun 2016). "New York Based Payments Platform Payoneer Re-Enters Indian Market". Inc42.
- "Payoneer: Taking Prepaid Debit Cards to the Next Level". www.ecommercetimes.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- "40. Payoneer, Payments without borders". CNBC. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. 16 May 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Marketplace Payments Specialist Payoneer Signs Rakuten.com". BANKINNOVATION.NET. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- PYMNTS (2019-02-26). "Payoneer Adds Financing Tool For Amazon, Walmart eSellers". PYMNTS.com. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- Rapoza, Kenneth. "How China And Amazon Are Changing The Future Of Retail". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "There Are Signs of a Revival in Israeli IPOs". 2019-04-22. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "France: Cdiscount integrates with Payoneer". The Paypers. Amsterdam. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "B2B Payments Fearlessly Go Global". PYMNTS. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Tepper, Nona (9 February 2016). "Digital marketing firm Tradedoubler expands its global payment options". Digital Commerce 360. Chicago. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Heun, David (9 February 2016). "Payoneer Pushes Into Digital Marketing with Tradedoubler Pact". Payments Source. New York. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Leichman, Abigail Klein. "18 Israeli firms rocking financial technology". Israel21c. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- PYMNTS (2016-02-16). "FinTech's Window Of Opportunity For X-Border B2B Payments". PYMNTS.com. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- Griffith, By Eric; January 31, 2018 10:00AM EST; January 31, 2018. "How to Sell Your Photos Online". PCMAG. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- Banks-Louie, Sasha. "In The Philippines, Payoneer Helps Lift Rural Poor". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- "Payoneer announces increased investment in US business community". Electronic Payments International. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- Mavadiya, Madhvi. "Payoneer Offers Payment Services To U.S. SMEs; Unveils Brex Partnership". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-11-20.
- Clifford, Catherine (2018-12-28). "Payoneer CEO: Why single global currency like bitcoin is not realistic". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "TechNation: PayPal Laying Off Scores of Israeli Employees". Haaretz. 2019-03-05. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- Benmeleh, Yaacov (2 July 2019). "Payoneer Is Said to Hire FT Partners to Explore Deal Options". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "GFSC - Gibraltar Financial Services Commission". www.fsc.gi. Retrieved 2019-03-12.
- Ravet, Hagar (2019-06-24). "Payoneer Will Do Anything to Partner With Libra, Says Founder". CTECH - www.calcalistech.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Clifford, Catherine (2018-12-28). "This is why a single global currency (like bitcoin) won't happen, says online payments company CEO". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Hazani, Golan (3 April 2019). "Online Payment Company Payoneer Looking to Raise Money in 2019". Retrieved 26 November 2019.
- "Payoneer Releases Automated Tax Form Service". Accounting Today. 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Carthy, Roi (October 22, 2007). "Payoneer Collects $3M from Greylock, Signs-Up iStockphoto". TechCrunch. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Schonfeld, Erick (2008-07-24). "Payoneer Raises $8 million Series B From Greylock And Carmel". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- Abelson, Max. "New York".
- B2B payment service Payoneer acquires escrow-as-a-service platform Armor Payments, TechCrunch, March 15, 2016
- Peyton, Antony (15 March 2016). "Payoneer acquires Armor Payments to create global alternative to LCs". Banking Technology. London. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Leading LATAM eCommerce Player Linio Selects Payoneer to Disburse Cross-Border Payments to Sellers Worldwide" (Press release). Washington, DC: Retail Dive. Industry Dive. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- Harrup, Anthony (3 March 2016). "Online Retailer Linio in Deal With Payoneer to Ease Payment for Sellers". Wall Street Journal. New York. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- FAREEHA, ALI (15 Jun 2016). "E-commerce growth slows in Latin America". Internet Retailer.
- Arrowsmith, Ranica (16 August 2016). "Payoneer Releases Automated Tax Form Service". Accounting Today. New York. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Payoneer Announces Strategic Investment by China Broadband Capital". PaymentsJournal. 2017-12-05. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Fannin, Rebecca. "Alibaba Looks To Hong Kong AI Unicorn SenseTime, Edward Tian Taps Payoneer". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- staff, CNBC com (2017-05-16). "Payoneer 2017 Disruptor 50". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- staff, CNBC com (2018-05-22). "Payoneer 2018 Disruptor 50". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- Orbach, Meir (2019-08-22). "Israel's Former Chief Economist Joins Online Payment Company Payoneer". CTECH - www.calcalistech.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- "Payoneer's Capital Advance, the newest instant capital provider in town | FXcompared.com". FXcompared. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- PYMNTS (2019-02-26). "Payoneer Adds Financing Tool For Amazon Sellers". PYMNTS.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Masters, Kiri. "The New Breed Of Lender That's Making Loans To Amazon Sellers Based On Their Sales Data". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- Roshitsh, Kaley; Roshitsh, Kaley (2019-02-25). "Payoneer Launches Capital Advance Services for U.S. Sellers". WWD. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- Lacombe, FashionNetwork com,Gabriella. "Payoneer introduces e-commerce capital advance service to U.S. sellers". FashionNetwork.com. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- PYMNTS (2019-06-20). "How Toptal Localizes Payments For Fostering Trust". PYMNTS.com. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- Benmeleh, Yaacov (2 July 2019). "Payoneer is Said to Hire FT Partners to Explore Deal Options". Retrieved 15 September 2019.
- Banks-Louie, Sasha. "In The Philippines, Payoneer Helps Lift Rural Poor". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- "Online payment firm Payoneer launches in PHL". GMA News. 2016-09-23.
- "Empowering EntrePinoys". Philippine Star. 2019-03-24.
- Banks-Louie, Sasha. "In The Philippines, Payoneer Helps Lift Rural Poor". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Prosser, Marc (26 September 2016). "Can Japan's Rakuten Crack The U.S. E-Commerce Market With New Fintech Deal?". Forbes. Jersey City, NJ. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- PYMNTS (2017-04-04). "Payoneer Push For Escrow In B2B eCommerce". PYMNTS.com. Retrieved 2019-09-01.
- Herald, The Korea (2018-04-10). "Payoneer launches Korea office, targeting SMEs selling globally via online marketplaces". www.koreaherald.com. Retrieved 2019-09-01.
- Dautner, Mike (15 February 2017). "Payoneer Delivers Added Value For Business Platforms". Payment Week. New York. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "[INTERVIEW] 'Korea key market for Payoneer'". koreatimes. 2019-03-10. Retrieved 2019-09-01.
- Williams-Grut, Oscar (20 June 2017). "A US fintech used by Google and Airbnb is opening a London office". Business Insider. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Payoneer Opens UK Office To Capitalize On Increased Demand From UK Merchants". pymnts.com. 21 June 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "40. Payoneer, Payments without borders". CNBC. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. 16 May 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "PayPal's absence pales into insignificance on growing substitutes". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 2019-09-01.
- 李齐. "Strengthening regional connectivity - Chinadaily.com.cn". www.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "«ПриватБанк» добавил возможность принимать платежи с Payoneer круглосуточно". AIN.UA (in Russian). 2019-05-30. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- "Альфа-Банк начал выплаты с Payoneer без комиссии". Finance.ua (in Russian). Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- "monobank выкатил новую версию приложения: изменения". minfin.com.ua (in Russian). Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- Agarwal, Meha (2016-06-30). "New York Based Payments Platform Payoneer Re-Enters Indian Market". Inc42 Media. Retrieved 2019-05-28.
- Kochar, Ritu (7 Mar 2016). "Cross-Border Payments Made Easy; Payoneer To Enter Indian Marketplace". Entrepreneur.
- Shetty, Mayur (26 Mar 2016). "Payments co Payoneer woos Indian exporters". Times of India.
- Behal, Ambika (9 Mar 2016). "Why Payoneer Thinks Now Is A Good Time To Enter In India". Forbes.
- Coimbatore (10 Nov 2016). "Online payment company looking for business in and around city". Business Standard.
- Kar, Sanghamitra (13 Oct 2016). "Payoneer to boost its global presence & scout for acquisitions after bagging $180M". Times Internet Limited. ETtech.com.
- Srivats, K. R. "Payoneer digitises FIRC; move to boost SMB exports". @businessline. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "E-commerce sales from India grew 4% in Q1 2019: Report". The Economic Times. 2019-07-04. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Dubai says new evidence links Israel to hit". Ynetnews. 2010-02-20. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "Dubai murder suspects climb to 26 - CNN.com". CNN.com. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- Dajani, Jamal; Radio, ContributorCo-Founder of Arab Talk (2010-05-05). "Mossad's Little Helpers". HuffPost. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Did They Know? Israel-U.S. Startup Linked to Dubai Hit". Haaretz. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Airbnb hosts can now withdraw earnings with Payoneer! - The Payoneer Blog". The Payoneer Blog. 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- Vidalon, Dominique. "Airbnb drops controversial payment card in France". Reuters U.S. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "Airbnb drops controversial payment card in France". Reuters. 2017-12-12. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- France-Presse, Agence. "Airbnb ends controversial payment system in France". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2018-11-07.