A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
|Founder(s)||Sugal & Damani group|
Payworld is a mobile financial service company based in India that provides financial services including money transfer, recharges, and bill payments. The company was founded in 2006 by the Sugal & Damani group and has its headquarters in Gurgaon, Haryana.
In 2006, Payworld started with electronic pre-paid voucher distribution for mobile phones in Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat. It is present in 23 states and 630 districts and 80000 villages across India.
Payworld started its business with telecom partnerships; it now has more than 100 partnerships across various sectors. The company’s total transaction value in 2016-2017 was ₹1600 crores and ₹3800 crores in 2017-2018.
Payworld is short-listed as GST Suvidha provider (GST Filing) by Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) in India along with other 33 GST Suvidha providers including TCS, Ernst, Deloitte, Mastek and more.
- "Payworld mPOS - A boon for small merchants". Business Standard India. 23 November 2016.
- Bhakta, Pratik (1 June 2016). "Payworld launches Payworld Bazaar for assisted ecommerce". The Economic Times.
- "Stressed with cash issues? Payworld could be a blessing in disguise". Deccan Chronicle. 26 December 2016.
- "Fintech firm Payworld focuses on insurance, loans for growth". Moneycontrol.com.
- Choudhary, Anuradha (2016-12-19). "Payments firm Payworld India scouts for a strategic partner". mint. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "Rebooting Bharat: Why the challenge to take digital payment to rural India is as huge as the opportunity". The Economic Times.
- "Payworld expects to cross Rs 7,000 cr revenue by 2018-19 - Times of India". The Times of India.
- India, Press Trust of (5 February 2017). "Payworld expects to cross Rs 7,000 cr revenue by 2018-19". Business Standard India.
- "Soon, your e-wallet will help you get loan too - ET Telecom". ETTelecom.com. Archived from the original on 2018-04-18. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Payworld shortlists as one of the GST Suvidha Provider". Business Standard India. 16 December 2016.