|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-KL|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Vatakara|
Payyoli is a Municipality town on the Malabar Coast of Kozhikode district in the South Indian state of Kerala. Payyoli is famous for being the hometown of athlete PT Usha( She is nicknamed as the Payyoli Express). It is town in between Quilandy taluk, Kozhikode District.
- Nearest airport: Calicut International Airport, Karipur
- Nearest railway station: Payyoli
- Nearest bus stand: Payyoli
- Nearest police station: Payyoli
- Nearest Govt. School: GVHSS Payyoli
Payyoli is situated besides the national highway(NH17)between Koyilandy and Vatakara.
- Kunhali Marakkar museum, at Iringal, about 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) away from Payyoli
- Kizhur Shiva shathram
- velliyam kallu :
- Craft Village Iringal
- Kalleth Driving Beach (Thikkodi)
- Ayanikkad Juma Masjid
- Thuraserikkadavu (Island)
- Kottakkal Juma Masjid
- Kolavi palam beach
- Kadalur Light House
Kolavi palam beach
Kolavi Palam Beach at Payyoli is yet another beautiful stretch of golden sands, with shallow waters, that border Velliyamkallu. The sea, here, is ideal for swimming. During November - December, hordes of the endangered Olive Ridley turtles come in to lay eggs. There is a nature conservation centre, ‘Theeram’, started by the fishermen to save these turtles. Nearest railway station: Payyoli Railway Station, Nearest airport: Calicut International Airport, about 64 km
Latitude:11.523088, Longitude: 75.617409
- Olympian P. T. Usha, Indian runner known as "Payyoli express"
- Dr P.K Venugopalan MD Ayuvedic Medical Science
Payyoli connects to other parts of India through NH 17. The nearest airports are at Kannur and Kozhikode. The nearest railway station is at Payyoli. The national highway no.66 passes through Payyoli and the northern stretch connects to Goa and Mumbai. The southern stretch connects to Cochin and Trivandrum.
Suburbs of Payyoli
- Poyilkavu, Chengottukavu and Arangedath
- Pisharkavu, Anakkulam and Palakkulam
- Moodadi, Nandibazar and Palur
- Mahe, Pondicherry
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Payyoli.|
- Iype, George. "rediff.com Olympics Special: P T Usha, India's golden girl". rediff.com. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
|This article related to a location in Kozhikode district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|