From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whitley County's location in Indiana
|Elevation||830 ft (250 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||440953|
Peabody was named after James Peabody, a local businessman.
A post office was established at Peabody in 1883, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1923.
Peabody is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Peabody, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 258. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for local businessman James Peabody...
- "Whitley County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
|This Whitley County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|