From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up peak in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Peak, The Peak or PEAKS may refer to:
- Peak electricity usage times or peak demand, see Energy demand management
- Peak (geometry), an (n-3)-dimensional element of a polytope
- The highest, or sometimes the highest and lowest (see peak-to-peak), points on a varying waveform
- Peak (pharmacology) or when a drug reaches its maximum plasma concentrations
- Peak experience, psychological term for a euphoric mental state
Geography and geology
- Hubbert peak theory or peak oil, a theory that production of oil or other resources, locally or worldwide, will reach a maximum level after which it will inevitably decline
- A mountain peak, see summit
- More specifically, a pyramidal peak, a mountaintop that has been sculpted by erosion to form a point
- A nickname used to refer to the British Rail Class 44 diesel locomotives, and also classes 45 and 46
- The highest corner of a four-sided, fore-aft sail
- BIAS Peak, a professional audio editing program on the Apple platform
- GeeksPhone Peak, a mobile phone
- PEAKS, a proteomic mass spectrometry software, used to identify and quantitate proteins/peptides.
- Peak (novel), by Roland Smith
- Peak Records, a record label
- The Peak (newspaper), a student newspaper of Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- The Peak (TV series), a TV series in Singapore
- CFBV, a radio station branded The Peak based in Smithers, British Columbia
- CKPK-FM, a radio station branded as 102.7 The Peak based in Vancouver, British Columbia
- WXPK-FM, a radio station branded as 107.1 The Peak based in White Plains, New York.
- Peak District in the Midlands of England
- Ravenscar, North Yorkshire, a village in England formerly known as "Peak" and "The Peak"
- Victoria Peak, also known as The Peak, in Hong Kong
- Peak, a village in Ya Tung, Cambodia
- Another name for the rush hour
- Bob Peak (1927-1992), American commercial illustrator
- Peak Sport Products, a Chinese sneakers brand
- The Peak Twin Towers, an apartment building in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Visor, a part of the hat known as the "peak" in British English
- PEAK (automotive products) - manufacturer of motor oil, antifreeze, and other automotive products
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Peak.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.