Main gate of Peak School
20 Plunkett's Road
Peak School (Chinese: 山頂小學; pinyin: Shāndǐng xiǎoxué; Jyutping: Saan1 Deng2 Daai6 Hok6) is an coeducational preparatory school , located on Plunkett's Road on Victoria Peak, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong. The school is one of around twenty institutions in Hong Kong operated by the English Schools Foundation (ESF).
The school opened in 1911, on the site of what is now the Victoria Peak Fire Station. In 1954, the school moved to its current premises located on Plunkett's Road.
Accreditations and Authorizations
The Peak School is accredited, authorized, or a member of the following organizations:
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Council of International Schools (CIS)
- The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program
- Jack Avon, financial modelling expert
- Martin Booth, British novelist and poet
- Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece, Greek and Danish princess
- Sara Jane Ho, etiquette teacher
- Eleanor Sanger, American sports producer
- Hannah Wilson, Hong Kong swimmer
- Sir Denis Wright, British diplomat
- Dillon, Chris (2008). Landed : the expatriate's guide to buying and renovating property in Hong Kong. Hong Kong: Dillon Communications. ISBN 9881714710.
- A brief history of Peak School Archived 2014-02-18 at the Wayback Machine, Peak School.
- IB world schools yearbook (2013 ed.). Woodbridge, UK: John Catt Educational Ltd. 2013. ISBN 1908095652.
- "Peak School". International Baccalaureate®. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- Ingham, Michael (2007). Hong Kong: a cultural history. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0199724474.
- John Graham: ‘Wright, Sir Denis Arthur Hepworth (1911–2005)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, Jan 2009. Accessed 10 Dec 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peak School.|
|This Hong Kong school or sixth-form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|