|Written by||Stirling Silliphant|
|Directed by||Hy Averback|
Lesley Ann Warren
|Music by||John Addison|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||3|
|Executive producers||Frank Konigsberg|
|Editor||Donald R. Rode|
|Production company||Warner Bros. Television|
|Original release||November 16 –|
November 19, 1978
Pearl is a 1978 American television miniseries about events leading up to the attack on Pearl Harbor, based on Stirling Silliphant's novel of the same title. It starred a large cast, notably Dennis Weaver, Tiana Alexandra, Robert Wagner, Angie Dickinson, Brian Dennehy, Lesley Ann Warren, Gregg Henry, Max Gail, Richard Anderson, Marion Ross, Audra Lindley, Char Fontane, Katherine Helmond and Adam Arkin.
The miniseries aired in three installments on ABC on November 16, 17 and 19, 1978. All three parts were among the top ten most watched prime time shows of the week, with the series watched all or in part by about 80 million people.
- Angie Dickinson as Midge Forrest
- Dennis Weaver as Col. Jason Forrest
- Robert Wagner as Capt. Cal Lankford
- Lesley Ann Warren as Dr. Carol Lang
- Tiana Alexandra as Holly Nagata
- Gregg Henry as Lt. Doug North
- Katherine Helmond as Mrs. Sally Colton
- Adam Arkin as Pvt. Billy Zylowski
- Brian Dennehy as Sgt. Otto Chain
- Max Gail as 1st Sgt. Walder
- Char Fontane as Shirley
- Audra Lindley as Lily (General's Wife)
- Richard Anderson as Cmdr. Michael North
- Marion Ross as Ellie North
- Allan Miller as Harrison
- Christian Vance as Pvt. John Finger
- Mary Crosby as Patricia North
- Charles Lucia as Lt. Christopher
While the Japanese First Air Fleet sails toward Hawaii personnel at the varied bases as well as civilians go about their lives. Primary protagonists are hard scrabble and bigoted Army MP Colonel Jason Forrest and his clashes with his bitter wife Midge, his well-to-do XO Captain Calvin Lankford, and briefly with local news writer Holly Nagata and punkish MP Sergeant Otto Chain.
On the Navy side are Lieutenant Douglas North and his father (Commander Michael North) and mother and also his reacquaintence with former classmate Holly Nagata, a friendship she successfully makes a romantic relationship (right to seducing Doug in her car; though unstated in the miniseries their lovemaking results in pregnancy).
Everyone’s lives are torn asunder when the Japanese attack strikes the island.
To keep production costs manageable, the scenes of the attack were footage originally shot for the film Tora! Tora! Tora!. The miniseries also used newly dubbed footage of So Yamamura to portray Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, the Japanese commander of the attack.