|Chris Sword, President|
|Products||Cycling and triathlon apparel and footwear|
It was founded more than 60 years ago in Tokyo. PEARL iZUMi USA, Inc., is its U.S. distributor.
Ownership and distribution
DASH America (trading as PEARL iZUMi USA) purchased the trademark from Dave Jacobs (founder of Spyder, and the original distributor of PEARL iZUMi in the USA). A subsidiary of Shimano America, Inc., it holds the rights to do business as PEARL iZUMi in the US. After several years of growth PEARL iZUMi USA, Inc., was purchased by Shimano for $70M in 2008. It holds the rights to distribute the product everywhere in the world except Asia.
- Brian Lopes (mountain bike)
- Angela Naeth (triathlete)
- USA Triathlon: In April 2017, PEARL iZUMi was named the exclusive training apparel and cycling footwear sponsor of USA Triathlon
- "PEARL iZUMi History". Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- "Shimano Corporate Fact Sheet". Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- "Pearl Izumi Sale Closes".
- "PEARL iZUMi Named Exclusive Training Apparel and Cycling Shoe Sponsor of USA Triathlon". Retrieved 2017-04-07.