|Products||Cycling and triathlon apparel and footwear|
It was founded more than 60 years ago in Tokyo. PEARL iZUMi USA, Inc., is its U.S. distributor.
Ownership and distribution
DASH America (trading as PEARL iZUMi USA) purchased the trademark from Dave Jacobs (founder of Spyder, and the original distributor of PEARL iZUMi in the USA). A subsidiary of Shimano America, Inc., it holds the rights to do business as PEARL iZUMi in the US. After several years of growth PEARL iZUMi USA, Inc., was purchased by Shimano for $70M in 2008. It holds the rights to distribute the product everywhere in the world except Asia.
- Lael Wilcox (Ultra-distance)
- Jeff Lenosky (Mountainbike)
- Brice Shirbach (Mountainbike)
- Macky Franklin (Mountainbike)
- Syd Schulz (Mountainbike)
- Dillon Caldwell (Gravel)
- Angela Naeth (Triathlete)