Pearl River High School (New York)
|Address||275 East Central Avenue, Pearl River New York, Pearl River, New York, USA|
|Colors||Blue and White|
|Athletics||Section 1 (NYSPHSAA)|
Pearl River High School (Pearl River, New York), part of the Pearl River School District, is a high school educating students in grades 8 through 12. PRHS is located in the hamlet (and a census-designated place) of Pearl River, in Rockland County, New York, United States. The school is located at 275 East Central Avenue in Pearl River.
The current principal of PRHS is Michael Murphy. The Assistant Principals are Suzanne Horton and Andrea Pompey
Awards and honors
- Pearl River High School is a recipient of the 2001 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
- Palisades Institute Quality Award
- NYS Governor's Excelsior Award
- Four NYS Blue Ribbon School Award Finalists
- Three-time USA Today/RIT Quality Cup Finalists
Boys sports offered at PRHS are:
- Fall: Cross Country, Soccer, and Football
- Winter: Indoor Track, Wrestling, Bowling, Basketball, and Ice Hockey
- Spring: Outdoor Track, Baseball, Golf, Tennis, and Lacrosse
Girls sports offered are as follows:
- Fall: Cross Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Swimming, and Cheer
- Winter: Indoor Track, Basketball, Bowling, and Cheerleading
- Spring: Outdoor Track, Softball, and Lacrosse
Intramural sports are offered in basketball, skiing/snowboarding, bowling, floor hockey, ping pong, weight training and open gym.
Mascot and colors
Pearl River's mascot is the 'Pirate' and their primary colors are blue and white, with some teams choosing to incorporate red in their uniform as a 3rd alternate color.
Pearl River's main rival is the Nanuet High School Golden Knights. Each year, this rivalry takes center stage during their annual football game, dubbed the 'Little Brown Jug Game.' Pearl River has another rival, the Tappan Zee High School Dutchmen. The two schools play each other annually in football in a game known as the 'Orange Bowl.'