Pearl necklace (sexual act)
A "pearl necklace" is slang for a sexual act in which a man ejaculates semen on or near the neck, chest, or breast of another person. The term originates from the way the deposited semen resembles a necklace of translucent white pearls.
In popular culture
George Carlin used the term in his "Incomplete List of Impolite Words" joke as early as 1984, on the album Carlin on Campus. The term was also used in the stoner comedy Half Baked (1996). The ZZ Top song "Pearl Necklace" drew attention for its lyrics which were alleged to objectify women. The term appears in episode 69 of the HBO sex comedy Sex and the City, first broadcast in 2004.
- Partridge, Eric; Dalzell, Tom; Victor, Terry (2006). The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. Taylor & Francis. p. 1455. ISBN 0-415-25938-X.
- Anderson, Dan (1997). Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man. Regan Books. pp. 106–107.
- Alvi, Suroosh; McInnes, Gavin; Smith, Shane (2003). The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. Warner Books. p. 35.
- Davis, Peter (1996). Intimate Details & Vital Statistics: AIDS, Sexuality and the Social Order in New Zealand. Auckland University Press. pp. 125–127. ISBN 1-86940-139-5.
- Chapkis, Wendy (1997). Live Sex Acts: Women Performing Erotic Labor. Taylor & Francis. p. 170; p. 232 note 57. ISBN 0-415-91288-1.
- Saunders, Michael (April 5, 1991). "Blues-driven Boogie of ZZ Top to Fill Miami Arena for 2 Shows". Sun-Sentinel. New York Daily News. Archived from the original on January 4, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
ZZ Top is not without its booing section. They have been knocked for the woman-as-bimbo image by decorating videos with long-legged beauties. And critics have charged that sexually oriented tunes such as Tush, Pearl Necklace, and Velcro Fly also portray women as sex objects.
- "Sex and the City Advertiser & Cable Choice Campaign: Latest Lowlights from Sex and the City". Parents Television Council. Archived from the original on September 14, 2006. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
Actually we're talking about the other kind of pearl necklace. You know, the kind where the guy decorates your neck?
- Weill, Sabrina (2006). The Real Truth about Teens and Sex. Perigee. p. 113. ISBN 0-399-53280-3.
I didn't know what a pearl necklace was until I watched Sex and the City.
- Shapiro, Ben (2005). Porn Generation: How Social Liberalism Is Corrupting Our Future. Regnery Publishing. p. 120. ISBN 0-89526-016-6.
Samantha to Charlotte: actually, we're talking about the other kind of pearl necklace. You know, the one where the guy decorates your neck?