Peasant Party of Ukraine
|Founded||25 January 1992|
The Peasant Party of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Селянська партія України, Selyans'ka Partiya Ukrayiny, SelPU) is an agrarian and socialist political party in Ukraine. It was created in 1992 as a successor of the Communist Party of Ukraine that was temporarily outlawed in 1991.
At the Ukrainian parliamentary election in 1994, the party obtained 2.74% of the votes and 19 out of 450 seats in the Verkhovna Rada. At the Ukrainian parliamentary election in 1998, it gained in coalition with the Socialist Party of Ukraine 8.56% of the vote and 35 seats. The SelPU faction in the Verkhovna Rada consisted of 14 deputies. After the creation of the new parliamentary faction Solidarity in 2000 a lot of deputies of the party moved to this new faction.
- (in Ukrainian) Селянська партія України, DA-TA
- Establishment of national statehood. History of Ukraine
- Project on Political Transformation and the Electoral Process in Post-Communist Europe
- Parties and Elections in Europe
- Ukrainian Political Update by Taras Kuzio and Alex Frishberg, Frishberg & Partners, 21 February 2008 (page 22)
- Information Agency UNIAN
- Ukraine Business Online
- Alphabetical Index of parties in 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- (in Ukrainian) Селянська партія підтримала Юлію Тимошенко на виборах президента України, Interfax-Ukraine
- Official website (in Ukrainian)