Caves on Pandavula metta
|• Total||41.13 km2 (15.88 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Peddapuram is located at  It has an average elevation of 35 metres (114 feet). Its located next to Kakinada.
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 49,477. The total population constitute, 24,334 males, 25,143 females and 4,912 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 76.14% with 33,930 literates, higher than the national average of 73.00%.
By the time of 1785 the Peddapuram Estate extended from Totapalli to Nagaram encompassing villages and towns. During the British rule, Sri Raya Jagapati was chosen to take over the estate in 1802. After Sri Raya Jagapati’s death, the three wives, Lakshmi Narasayyamma, Bucchi Seetayyamma and Bucchi Bangaramma, ruled the estate in succession. Raya Jagapati's widow Bucchi Seetayyamma, ruled from 1828-1835. She founded two trusts for the poor, one in Peddapuram and another in Kattipudi in East Godavari. You can find some ancient caves with the supposed footprints of Bhima (Pandavas). For more details on the history of Pandavula Metta visit the link: test
Peddapuram municipality was established in 1915 and became the second oldest municipality after Bheemunipatnam in Andhra Pradesh. Initially the British appointed Sri V. K. Anantakrishna Ayyar followed by Sri Abhinava Patnayak and Sri Pingali Krishnarao. Sri Goli Pedda Kondayya was the first one direct elected as Chairman of the municipality.
Peddapuram town is located on Rajahmundry-Kakinada ADB road. The nearest railway station to Peddapuram is Samalkot railway station. The nearest airport to the town is Rajahmundry Airport which is 35km away.
The first school was established here in Peddapuram in 1891 by the Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church Society which also had boarding facilities. Among the eminent personalities who studied in this school include Archbishop Marampudi Joji and M. Victor Paul.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
An Agricultural Research Station which does Research on Ragi and Tapioca and is affiliated to Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University. Sri Veerraju High School is one of the oldest school which is imparting elementary and high school education to many students without any profit motive. S.R.V.B.S.J.B. M.R. College has completed 50 years; it celebrated its Golden Jubilee on 4 February 2018 by its old students association, considered a very prestigious college, was established in 1967 by Sri S.B.P.B.K.Satyanarayana Rao, then Zilla Parishad chairman as the founder president in memory of Maharani of Peddapuram Samsthanam Peddapuram Kings Srimati Raja Vatsavayi Bucchi Sitayamma Jagapati Bahadur.
In order to provide good quality modern education to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas, without regard to their family socio-economic conditions, the Government of India established Navodaya Vidyalayas, on an average, one in each district of the country during the 7th Five Year Plan period and Peddapuram was selected to establish Navodaya Vidyalaya. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Mandal wise list of villages in Srikakulam district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 January 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "Constitution of Godavari Urban Development Authority with headquarters at Godavari" (PDF). Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 January 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Peddapuram
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Official Website of East Godavari Webportal
- Sivasankaranarayana, Andhra Pradesh District Gazetteers, Volume 14, Printed by the Director of Printing and Stationery at the Government Secretariat Press, Hyderabad, 1979, p.186. 
- Martin Luther Dolbeer, The Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church: A Brief History, Department of Religious Education of the Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church, Guntur, 1951, pp.53-54.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.