24 May 1983
|Years active||2002 to present|
|Agent||Al Corral, Napoli Management Group|
Pedram "P.J." Javaheri (born May 24, 1983) is an Iranian-American meteorologist for CNN International based at CNN World Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.  He can be seen regularly on editions of CNN Newsroom and World Business Today. He also fills in on HLN's Morning Express with Robin Meade and appears on CNN U.S. during breaking news and severe weather coverage.
Javaheri is fluent in Persian, Turkish, and English.
Javaheri began as a weather anchor at Arizona State University in 2002. While there, he led and developed the school’s first weather department at NewsWatch TV, an in-school news program broadcast throughout the State of Arizona. One week prior to his graduation, he accepted a position as a meteorologist in Utah at KCSG. He was later promoted to chief meteorologist and oversaw all weather operations.
In 2008, a duopoly station in California's Central Coast hired him to serve as the environmental reporter and present the weather as a meteorologist for KCOY, KKFX, KION, and KCBA. He had an audience of over 500,000 television households. While in California, he covered numerous notable events. In 2008, he was on the scene of the Basin Complex Fire in Big Sur, the second costliest wildfire in U.S. history. In June 2009, he became the only reporter in the market to cover the Michael Jackson memorial service at the Staples Center after having won a lottery to attend it.
Awards and recognition
During his time in California, Javaheri received an Emmy nomination for outstanding achievement in weather from the San Francisco / Northern California Emmy Awards. In August 2010, Iranian.com honored him as its Iranian of the Day.  He was part of the CNN weather team that won the prestigious Peabody Award for its coverage of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
On March 11, 2011, in the aftermath of the devastating Japanese earthquake, he and CNN U.S. meteorologist Chad Myers became the first duo in CNN’s history to simultaneously forecast and cover the resulting tsunami and its impact to a global audience.
- Rate My News Anchor. "Pedram Javaheri". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Headline News Morning Express. "Morning Express Monday rundown: July 2, 2012". Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- CNN Programs
- Central Coast News. "P.J. Javaheri". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- TVB. "Neilson: Local Television Market Universe Estimates" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 April 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Wise Fire Tracking. "Basin Complex Fire". Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- Central Coast News. "KION's P. J. Javaheri Wins Tickets to Michael Jackson Memorial". Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- CNN Observations. "Pedram Javaheri Joins CNN". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- National Academy of Television. "39th Annual Northern California Area Emmy Awards Announced" (PDF). Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Iranian.com. "Iranian of the Day". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- CNN Breaking News. "Earthquake Rocks Japan". Retrieved 10 May 2012.