Pedro Aguirre Cerda, Chile
|Pedro Aguirre Cerda|
|City and Commune|
In the background the Cerro San Cristobal
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|• Alcalde||Claudina Nuñez Jimenez (PC)|
|• Total||9.7 km2 (3.7 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||12,000/km2 (31,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Pedro Aguirre Cerda|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Pedro Aguirre Cerda spans an area of 9.7 km2 (4 sq mi) and has 114,560 inhabitants (55,382 men and 59,178 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population fell by 12.2% (15881 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
- Average annual household income: US$18,199 (PPP, 2006)
- Population below poverty line: 6.3% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 81.08, high, 9 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.708, 114 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Pedro Aguirre Cerda is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 and 2012-1016 major is Claudina Nuñez Jimenez (PC).
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Pedro Aguirre Cerda is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Pedro Browne (RN) and Guillermo Teillier (PC) as part of the 28th electoral district, (together with San Miguel and Lo Espejo). The commune is represented in the Senate by Carlos Montes (PS) and Manuel José Ossandón (RN) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Pedro Aguirre Cerda" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Sistema de Información Regional, Ministry of Planning of Chile.[dead link]
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003)." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
- (Spanish) Municipality of Pedro Aguirre Cerda