This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pedro Aibéo is a Portuguese-born architect and civil engineer, a researcher in Architectural Democracy, and a local politician in Finland. A professional musician, he is the founder of the "Cidadania" theatre+games group and the World Music School. He also teaches and writes.
Aibéo graduated in Civil Engineering (MSc) at FEUP, in Porto, Portugal, and then completed a second master's degree, in Architecture, at the TUD, Darmstadt, Germany. His current practice "AIBEO architecture" focuses mostly on co housing.
In academic research, he started the topic of "Architectural Democracy" now based at Aalto University in Finland. He is now the Kone Säätiö Research Fellow and also a Visiting Associate Professor at UNAM University, Mexico. He teaches regularly at the Wuhan University of Technology, China, Queensland University of Technology, Australia and the Faculty of Architecture, FAUP Portugal.
In theater, he founded in 2007 the "Cidadania" theatre+games group, in Germany, and has written and directed several plays at the United Nations Vienna and at the Staatstheater Darmstadt. The topics ranged from urban slavery to astronomy.
In music, he is a professional Musician at the band "Homebound", which counts with distinguished musicians such as Allan MacDonald from the MacDonald Brothers. In 2015, he founded the World Music School which now has schools in three continents.
In drawing, he teaches croquis at the Croquis Nights and at Kiasma, The Finnish National Modern Art Museum. He has published a comic novel on mathematics in Portuguese with a preface from Nuno Markl.
In politics, he ran in 2017 as a candidate for the Helsinki Municipal elections. Despite doing so with the Finnish party The Left Alliance he remained an independent candidate as his political views are of anarcho-syndicalism.
- "FAUP - DocGraf '16 - Ferramentas digitais avançadas para documentação e análise gráfica: Casos de investigação em Arquitectura e Urbanismo". Faculdade de Arquitectura da Universidade do (in Portuguese).
- "Arkkitehti Pedro Abéio haluaa kehittää Hyrsylän vanhalle koululle yhteisöllistä asumista ja toimintaa". Länsi-Uusimaa (in Finnish).
- "Svartså byskola kan bli modernt kollektiv". Östnyland (in Swedish).
- Anderson, Dan. "Election Talk: Why is a Portuguese Anarcho-syndicalist running for the City Council of Helsinki?". Helsinki Times.
- "Mit Musik quer durch das Sonnensystem" (PDF).
- Rundschau, Frankfurter. "Interaktives Theater: Die Zuschauer sitzen mittendrin (mit Fotostrecke)". Frankfurter Rundschau (in German).
- Darmstaeder echo "Ich bi das Schloss". By Stefan Benz, 2008
- Pinto, Mariana Correia. "A escola portuguesa que sonha ser um "uber para músicos" está a caminho de África". Público (in Portuguese).
- "Mathematics Comics Novel". Aalto University.
- "Novo livro em Viseu". Ensino Magazine.
- "O português que ambiciona um lugar na câmara de Helsínquia". Visão (in Portuguese).
- "Ayuntamiento de Helsinki, gobernado por un... ¿portugués?". Sputnik (in Spanish).