Causil (far left) pictured on the podium after winning a silver medal in the Men's 200 metres time-trial roller speed skating event at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto, Canada.
|Born||April 14, 1991|
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
|Achievements and titles|
|Olympic finals||2018 Winter|
Causil is a multiple time world champion in inline speed skating. Causil also won multiple Pan American Games medals as an inline skater. At the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico, Causil won two gold medals. Four years later at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto, Canada, Causil won a gold and one silver. Causil also won several medals at The World Games. Both at The World Games 2009 in Kaohsiung, Chinese Taipei, and at The World Games 2013 in Cali, Colombia, Causil won one gold and one bronze medal.
Causil switched to compete in speed skating as inline skating was not on the Olympic program. Causil became the first speed skater from South America to qualify for the Winter Olympics, he will skate the 500 and 1000 metres events at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Euro sport profile
- Speed skating results profile
- Chowdhuy, Akhila Roy (29 August 2013). "Interview with Pedro Causil - multiple-time roller skating World Champion". www.sportskeeda.com/. Sports Keeda. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- Pingue, Frank (13 July 2015). "Canada in Pan Am driver's seat". Reuters. London, United Kingdom. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Result history of The World Games | IWGA". www.theworldgames.org. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Huigen, Freek (16 November 2016). "Colombia skates to winter Olympic opportunity". The Bogota Post. Bogota, Colombia. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Arana, Javier (11 December 2017). "'Cumplí mi palabra de clasificar a los Olímpicos de Invierno': Causil" ['I fulfilled my word to classify the Winter Olympics': Causil]. El Tiempo (in Spanish). Bogota, Colombia. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Record number of nations in Olympic Speed Skating". www.isu.org/. International Skating Union (ISU). 22 December 2017. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Pedro Causil, el primer patinador colombiano en clasificar Juegos Olímpicos de invierno" [Pedro Causil, the first Colombian skater to classify Olympic Winter Games]. www.semana.com/ (in Spanish). Semana. 13 December 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2017.