Pedro Costa (musician)
|Years active||2008 – present|
|Associated acts||Fetal Pulse, Dove Pilot|
Driven by his passion for songwriting Pedro's solo recording debut came in 2008 with the Portuguese single "A beira da estrada". This was the followed by his first Alternative Rock EP "The Light". Recorded in 2009, it has generated Pedro's biggest success to date. Discovered online by Polish radio producer and personality Piotr Baron the song went on to chart in Poland's singles chart. The Light reached a peek position of 11th on 5 May 2009 (see Charts). And was ranked 85th overall for 2009. According to Costa, "The Light" was also played nationally in Portugal by Rádio Renascença. Some success also came in Costa's native Canada. In 2010 "Fooled Again?" was discovered by CBC radio producer Amanda Putz and featured on CBC Radio 1 show Bandwidth. The track also made the CBC radio 3 track of the day. After several other singles releases and collaborative efforts his first full-length album "Discovery" was released March 2011.
Film and TV licensing
His first TV licensing deal came from an original rendition of the song, "God’s Gonna Cut You Down" on Discovery Channel's show "Weed Country". In 2017 the critically acclaimed Netflix show 13 Reason Why used Pedro's song "Finding My Wings" on the show's soundtrack.
- Made for TV (2015)
- Discovery (2011)
- Pie In The Sky (2010) (EP)
- The Light (2009) (EP)
- Synthetica (2015) (EP)
- Space (2013)
- Cityscapes (2011)
- Hearts of Summer (2017)
- Dove Pilot (2015)
|"The Light"||Polish Singles Chart||11||2 May 2009|
|"Can't Get Through"||Polish Singles Chart||45||13 March 2010|
- "2009 Polish singles of the year".
- Costa, Pedro. "The Light on Rádio Renascença".
- "CBC radio 3 track of the day". CBC Radio 3. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "13 Reasons Why soundtrack".
- "Notowanie nr 1422z dnia02.05.2009" [Polish Singles Chart Listing No 1422z for 2 May 2009] (in Polish). Retrieved 12 March 2011.
- "Polish Singles Chart". Lista Przebojów Programu Trzeciego.