Pedro Delgado Hernández
|Pedro Delgado Hernández|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico|
March 7, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Daniel Dominguez|
|Born||1956 (age 59–60)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Residence||Toa Baja, Puerto Rico|
|Alma mater||University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras|
Pedro Alberto Delgado Hernández (born 1956) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
Delgado Hernández was born in 1956 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in 1979, from the University of Puerto Rico. He received a Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, in 1983, from the University of Puerto Rico School of Law. He began his legal career as a law clerk with the Puerto Rican Institute of Judicial Studies and then as a law clerk to Judge Juan Torruella, first at the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico and then at the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. From 1986 to 1993, he worked at the law firm of O'Neill & Borges LLC. From 1993 to 1995, he served as Solicitor General of Puerto Rico. From 1995 to 1996, he served as a Judge on the Puerto Rico Court of Appeals. Between 1996 and 2014, he returned as a partner to the O'Neill & Borges LLC law firm, where he handled civil litigation in both State and Federal courts.
Federal judicial service
On June 26, 2013, President Obama nominated Delgado Hernández to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, to the seat vacated by Judge Daniel R. Dominguez, who retired on July 31, 2011. On March 5, 2014 the U.S. Senate agreed on the Motion to Invoke Cloture was agreed to by a vote of 57-41 with 1 Senator (John Cornyn) voting 'present'. His nomination was confirmed on March 5, 2014 by a vote of 98-0. He received his commission on March 7, 2014.
- Senate Judiciary Committee Nomination Questionnaire
- President Obama Nominates Three to Serve on the United States District Court. Nomination announcement press release. The White House. June 26, 2013. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- Cox, Ramsey (March 5, 2014). "Senate confirms judicial nominees". The Hill. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "Senado de EEUU confirma juez federal para la Isla". Metro.pr, CyberNews. March 5, 2014. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- Pedro Alberto Delgado Hernandez at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
|Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
|This biography of a judge of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|