Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alma mater||University of California, Irvine (MS, PhD) |
Instituto Superior Técnico (MS, Licentiate)
|Known for||The Master Algorithm|
|Awards||SIGKDD Innovation Award (2014) |
AAAI Fellowship (2010)
Sloan Fellowship (2003)
|Fields||Artificial intelligence |
|Institutions||University of Washington|
|Thesis||A Unified Approach to Concept Learning (1997)|
|Doctoral advisor||Dennis F. Kibler|
Domingos received an undergraduate degree and Master of Science degree from Instituto Superior Técnico (IST). He moved to the University of California, Irvine, where he received a Master of Science degree and followed by PhD.
Research and career
- 2015: The Master Algorithm
- 2015: (with Abram Friesen). Recursive Decomposition for Nonconvex Optimization. IJCAI 2015 Distinguished Paper Award.
- 2011: (with Hoifung Poon). Sum-Product Networks: A New Deep Architecture. UAI 2011 Best Paper Award..
- 2009: (with Hoifung Poon). Unsupervised Semantic Parsing. EMNLP 2009 Best Paper Award.
- 2005: (with Parag Singla). Object Identification with Attribute-Mediated Dependences. PKDD 2005 Best Paper Award.
- 1999: MetaCost: A General Method for Making Classifiers Cost-Sensitive. SIGKDD 1999 Best Paper Award for Fundamental Research.
- 1998: Occam's Two Razors: The Sharp and the Blunt. SIGKDD 1998 Best Paper Award for Fundamental Research.
Awards and honors
- 2014: ACM SIGKDD Innovation Award. for his foundational research in data stream analysis, cost-sensitive classification, adversarial learning, and Markov logic networks, as well as applications in viral marketing and information integration.
- 2010: Elected an Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Fellow. For significant contributions to the field of machine learning and to the unification of first-order logic and probability.
- 2003: Sloan Fellowship
- Fulbright Scholarship[when?]
- Domingos, Pedro (2015). The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World. New York: Basic Books. ISBN 978-0-465-06570-7. OCLC 1039158596.
- Pedro Domingos publications indexed by Google Scholar
- "Pedro Domingos on the Arms Race in Artificial Intelligence". spiegel.de. Der Spiegel.
- Domingos, Pedro; Pazzani, Michael (1997). "On the Optimality of the Simple Bayesian Classifier under Zero-One Loss". Machine Learning. 29 (2/3): 103–130. doi:10.1023/A:1007413511361. ISSN 0885-6125.
- Domingos, Pedro. "Pedro Domingos". Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- 2014 SIGKDD Innovation Award: Pedro Domingos
- "Elected AAAI Fellows". aaai.org.