This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Alma mater||University of California, Irvine (MS, PhD) |
Instituto Superior Técnico - University of Lisbon (MS, Licentiate)
|Known for||The Master Algorithm|
|Awards||SIGKDD Innovation Award (2014) |
AAAI Fellowship (2010)
Sloan Fellowship (2003)
Fulbright Scholarship (1992-1997)
|Fields||Artificial intelligence |
|Institutions||University of Washington|
|Thesis||A Unified Approach to Concept Learning (1997)|
|Doctoral advisor||Dennis F. Kibler|
Pedro Domingos is a Professor Emeritus of computer science and engineering at the University of Washington. He is a researcher in machine learning known for Markov logic network enabling uncertain inference.
Domingos received an undergraduate degree and Master of Science degree from Instituto Superior Técnico (IST). He moved to the University of California, Irvine, where he received a Master of Science degree and followed by PhD.
Research and career
After spending two years as an assistant professor at IST, he joined the University of Washington as an Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering in 1999 and became a full professor in 2012. He started a machine learning research group at the hedge fund D. E. Shaw & Co. in 2018, but left in 2019.
Awards and honors
- 2014: ACM SIGKDD Innovation Award. for his foundational research in data stream analysis, cost-sensitive classification, adversarial learning, and Markov logic networks, as well as applications in viral marketing and information integration.
- 2010: Elected an Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Fellow. For significant contributions to the field of machine learning and to the unification of first-order logic and probability.
- 2003: Sloan Fellowship
- 1992-1997:Fulbright Scholarship
- "Emeritus Faculty". Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- Scheuermann, Christoph; Zand, Bernhard (16 April 2018). "Pedro Domingos on the Arms Race in Artificial Intelligence". Der Spiegel.
- Domingos, Pedro; Pazzani, Michael (1997). "On the Optimality of the Simple Bayesian Classifier under Zero-One Loss". Machine Learning. 29 (2/3): 103–130. doi:10.1023/A:1007413511361. ISSN 0885-6125.
- Domingos, Pedro. "Pedro Domingos". Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "Pedro Domingos | Computer Science & Engineering". www.cs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Pedro Domingos Will Lead New D.E. Shaw Machine Learning Group". 17 August 2018.
- "Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). Pedro M. Domingos. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- Domingos, Pedro (2015). The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World. New York: Basic Books. ISBN 978-0-465-06570-7. OCLC 1039158596.
- 2014 SIGKDD Innovation Award: Pedro Domingos
- "Elected AAAI Fellows". aaai.org.