Geromel with Brazil in 2018
|Full name||Pedro Tonon Geromel|
|Date of birth||21 September 1985|
|Place of birth||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2008–2014||1. FC Köln||116||(4)|
|2012–2013||→ Mallorca (loan)||38||(1)|
|2013–2014||→ Grêmio (loan)||24||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 December 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23 March 2018
Born in São Paulo, Geromel moved to Portugal from Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras along with Elias. He signed with G.D. Chaves at only 18 and finished his footballing formation there, after which he made his professional debut in the 2004–05 season, with the northern team in the second division.
Geromel's performances there attracted the attention of Primeira Liga club Vitória SC. At Guimarães, after making his debut in a 0–2 derby home loss against S.C. Braga, he eventually became an undisputed first-choice, as the Minho side promoted from the second level and achieved qualification to the UEFA Champions League in just two seasons.
1. FC Köln
In an online voting, Geromel was considered as 2007–08's best player in the Portuguese League, beating FC Porto's Lisandro López and Lucho González. On 30 June 2008, he moved to Bundesliga club 1. FC Köln, recently promoted to the top division.
On 23 August 2012, Geromel signed a four-year loan deal with RCD Mallorca in Spain. In his first season he contributed with 29 starts and one goal (2,612 minutes of action), but the Balearic Islands team were relegated from the top flight; in December 2013 he rescinded his agreement and returned to his country, to sign for two years and a half with Grêmio Foot-Ball Porto Alegrense while still owned by Köln.
On 27 August 2016, Geromel was called up for the Brazil national team by coach Tite, replacing the injured Rodrigo Caio. His first cap arrived the following 25 January, when he played the full 90 minutes in a 1–0 friendly win over Colombia at the Estádio Olímpico Nilton Santos.
- As of 7 December 2018
|Vitória Guimarães||2005–06||Primeira Liga||17||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||17||0|
|1. FC Köln||2008–09||Bundesliga||32||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||32||1|
|Mallorca (loan)||2012–13||La Liga||30||1||3||1||0||0||0||0||33||2|
|Grêmio (loan)||2014||Série A||24||0||0||0||3||0||4||0||31||0|
- As of 17 June 2018
- Bola de Prata: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2018
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia: List of players: Brazil" (PDF). FIFA. 10 June 2018. p. 4. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Novidade de Tite, Geromel viu grito de 'segunda divisão' sepultar futuro no Palmeiras" [Tite novelty, Geromel saw 'second division' cry bury future at Palmeiras] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Geromel gets Guimarães chance". UEFA. 8 July 2005. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Sp. Braga ganha en Guimarães e comanda isolado" [Sp. Braga win in Guimarães and are the undisputed leaders]. Record (in Portuguese). 9 September 2005. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Cologne capture Brazilian". Sky Sports. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Pedro Geromel es el sexto fichaje en llegar a la isla" [Pedro Geromel is the sixth signing to arrive at the island]. Marca (in Spanish). 23 August 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Zagueiro Pedro Geromel é apresentado no Olímpico" [Stopper Pedro Geromel is presented at the Olímpico] (in Portuguese). Grêmio PA. 30 December 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Grêmio vê situação 'delicada' e trata sequência de Geromel como contratação" [Grêmio see 'delicate' situation and treat Geromel's sequence as permanent signing] (in Portuguese). Universo Online. 10 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Rodrigo Caio se lesiona e é cortado da seleção brasileira; Geromel é convocado" [Rodrigo Caio suffers injury and is cut from Brazil national team; Geromel is called] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 27 August 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- "Com gol de Dudu, Brasil vence Jogo da Amizade contra Colômbia" [With Dudu goal, Brazil wins Friendship Match against Colombia] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 25 January 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "A Seleção tem lugar para qual dos convocados para o Jogo da Amizade?" [Which of the called up for Friendship Match belong in the Seleção?] (in Portuguese). Yahoo! Esportes. 26 January 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "World Cup: Neymar named in Brazil's 23-man squad". BBC Sport. 14 May 2018. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "Pedro Geromel". Soccerway. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Pedro Geromel – Matches". Soccerway. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- Tim Stillman (12 December 2016). "Gabriel Jesus wins Bola de Prata award for best player in the Brasileirao". Sambafoot. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Palmeiras tem oito na seleção do Brasileirão, Gabriel Jesus é o craque" [Palmeiras with eight in Brasileirão All-Star team, Gabriel Jesus is the star] (in Portuguese). SporTV. 12 December 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2016.