|Alma mater||College of the Holy Cross and George Washington University|
|Occupation||CEO at Copa Airlines|
Early life and education
Heilbron joined Copa Airlines as CEO in 1988. Under his leadership, Copa expanded and transformed from a regional player into one of the three large air groups in Latin America, increasing the fleet from two (1988) to 98 aircraft (2014) and annual revenues growing from $20 million to $3 billion in the same time period. The company joined the Star Alliance in 2012.
Awards and recognition
In 2006, Heilbron received the Bravo Award as CEO of the Year by Latin Trade Magazine and was named Executive of the Year by the Panamanian Association of Corporate Executive (APEDE) two years later. In 2009, he was awarded the Airline Business Lifetime Achievement Award by Airline Business.
- Pedro Heilbron CEO, Copa Holdings and Copa Airlines
- "Star Alliance: Pedro Heilbron, Copa Airlines".
- "Pedro Heilbron: CEO, Copa Holdings | Latin Trade". Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "The Profile: Pedro Heilbron '79 | magazine.holycross.edu". magazine.holycross.edu. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- Cruzado, Andrea López (2013-05-30). "Copa Airlines ve margen para seguir creciendo en América Latina". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "AVIANCA, TACA AIRLINES AND COPA AIRLINES JOIN STAR ALLIANCE - Star Alliance". 2015-10-17. Archived from the original on 2015-10-17. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- Cameron, Doug (2013-05-29). "Panamanian Airline Charts Path Through Latin America". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- December 2016 19:08, 09. "Copa CEO Pedro Heilbron elected chairman of Star Alliance Chief Executive Board". Star Alliance Employees. Retrieved 2019-02-07.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- IATA. "Membership of the Board of Governors". www.iata.org. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "About Latin American and Caribbean Air Transport Association". ALTA. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Tampa Bay Business Journal: Copa Airlines CEO Pedro Heilbron wins Tony Jannus award". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.