|This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (December 2015)|
Obiang with West Ham United in 2015
|Full name||Pedro Mba Obiang Avomo|
|Date of birth||27 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Alcalá de Henares, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|West Ham United|
|2015–||West Ham United||25||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:58, 13 September 2016 (UTC).
Born in Alcalá de Henares, in the Community of Madrid, Obiang started his football career playing for various teams from his home city such CD Avance, RSD Alcalá and AD Naya, where he excelled. Due to these participations, he was transferred to the Cadete team of Atlético Madrid. He left Atlético for Sampdoria in 2008 at age 16, the minimum age that international transfer within the European Union is allowed. He was the member of Allievi Nazionali youth team in 2008–09 season, but also call-up to the first team in pre-season. He also appeared as unused bench on 28 January 2009 against Lazio and against Chievo, by the decision of coach Walter Mazzarri. In 2009–10 season, he was promoted to senior youth team – Primavera.
Primary a youth team player, Obiang also played 7 times in pre-season friendlies in summer 2010, scored 2 goals. After the injury crisis of the Genoese team, which the team lost midfielders Stefano Guberti, Fernando Tissone, Andrea Poli and Paolo Sammarco, he received a call-up again from new coach Domenico Di Carlo, and made his competitive debut on 12 September 2010. He substituted Vladimir Koman in the 58th minute, at that time Doria losing 1–2 to Juventus. Eventually Doria 3–3 draw at Stadio Olimpico di Torino. Obiang signed a new 5-year deal with Doria on the morning before the start of the match.
He also named in 2010–11 UEFA Champions League 25-men senior squad (list A) for play-off round and received the call-up against Werder Bremen, however Obiang was not named as one of players on the bench. He also received his first call-up for 2010–11 UEFA Europa League on 28 September 2010 as list B players (Under-21 youth product). He made his European debut on 16 December 2010 (matchday 6), with the club already eliminated before the match, 0–2 defeat to Debreceni.
West Ham United
On 10 June 2015, West Ham United announced the signing of Obiang for an undisclosed fee on a four-year deal. He made his Premier League debut on 15 August as a half-time substitute for Reece Oxford in a 1–2 home defeat to Leicester City.
Obiang was capped for Spain at youth levels. Obiang received a call up for Porto International Tournament in April 2011. He received a call up to matches against Gabon U20 and China U20 in November 2011, however he did not play in the matches.
Obiang is eligible to represent Equatorial Guinea. In 2011, the Equatoguinean Football Federation approached Obiang to enquire if he would be willing to represent the country at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, however Obiang declined. In April 2015, after a meeting with the Equatoguinean Football Federation, Obiang's stance on representing Equatorial Guinea appeared to have changed after showing a desire to play for the country.
- As of match played 21 September 2016
|West Ham United||2015–16||Premier League||24||0||5||0||1||0||0||0||30||0|
- "Premier League Player Profile Pedro Obiang". Barclays Premier League. 2016. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Fornaroli presente, la Samp segna sei gol al Chiasso". UC Sampdoria (in Italian). 4 September 2008. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Ventuno convocati: il Pazzo ce la fa, Guberti resta a casa". UC Sampdoria (in Italian). 11 September 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Il d.g. Gasparin: "Carattere e alternative di qualità"". UC Sampdoria (in Italian). 12 September 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Poli non ce la fa, ventidue i convocati per il Werder". UC Sampdoria (in Italian). 23 August 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Venti convocati per il Debrecen, in lista torna Tissone". UC Sampdoria (in Italian). 29 September 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- "Hammers obtain Obiang". Www.whufc.com. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Bevan, Chris (16 August 2015). "West Ham 1-2 Leicester". BBC Sport. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Convocatoria para el Torneo Internacional de Oporto". RFEF (in Spanish). 12 April 2011. Archived from the original on 17 May 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Liste des présélectionnés U20 (Gabon vs Chine) du 27 novembre 2011 à Libreville". Archived from the original on 19 April 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- "Perico Obiang, el sobrino del dictador que juega en la Sampdoria" (in Spanish). Libertad Digital. 15 November 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "Reunión de la Feguifut con Perico Mba Obiang" (in Spanish). guineaecuatorialpress.com. 13 April 2015. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "PEDRO OBIANG". Soccerway. Retrieved 11 June 2015.