North American cover art
Peek-A-Boo Poker is a video game made by Hacker International and distributed by Panesian in 1991 as one of three pornographic video games the company made for the Nintendo Entertainment System, the other two being Bubble Bath Babes and Hot Slots.
One of the earliest pornographic video games, it went out of mainstream distribution as the industry matured and the "user base broadened". The distribution was also limited as major national chains would not carry the items for sale.
The gameplay consists of a simple strip poker simulator in which the player can see a different reward screen, consisting of an erotic image of a woman, for every $1000 they collect in winnings, to a maximum of $5000. The game uses standard five-card draw poker rules. There are three computer controlled players: Full House Francine, Double Dealing Debby, and Pok-er Penny.
- Andy Slaven, Video Game Bible, 1985-2002, Trafford Publishing, 2002, pp. 117, ISBN 1-55369-731-6, ISBN 978-1-55369-731-2.
- Steve L. Kent, The Ultimate History of Video Games: From Pong to Pokémon and Beyond: The Story Behind the Craze That Touched Our Lives and Changed the World, Prima, 2001, pp. 399, ISBN 0-7615-3643-4, ISBN 978-0-7615-3643-7.
- Nick Shoveen, How To Be Porn Producer, Magic Lamp Press, 2007, pp.146-8, ISBN 1-882629-99-X, 9781882629992.
- Brenda Brathwaite, Sex in Video Games, Charles River Media, 2007, pp.40, ISBN 1-58450-459-5, ISBN 978-1-58450-459-7.
- Daniel Carter, "Battle against risque video games wages on after 20 years", University news wire, August 12, 2005.
- Steven L. Kent, The First Quarter: A 25-year History of Video Games, BWD Press, 2000, ISBN 978-0-9704755-0-3.
|This card game-based video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|