||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pegah Anvarian is an Iranian-American fashion designer from Dallas, Texas that made her fashion debut in 2005. Her work has shown at Los Angeles Fashion Week and Anvarian currently resides in Los Angeles, where she works as the creative director for Three Dots .
The Iranian-American Pegah Anvarian had learned how to sew at the young age of six years. She then started designing at the age of eight. She began a year tour with the B-52's as the stylist. This career allowed her to relocate back to New York City, and this is when she decided that she wanted to design her own line. She is best known for her self-taught draping skills and for her jersey tops and dresses. She had no previous experience, but it was her entrepreneurial mindset that allowed her to create her own pieces and designs. It was when she was styling a music video, she had created a cashmere jersey dress that would soon become her signature piece. After her signature piece was known, it was being seen on celebrities such as Cameron Diaz, LeAnn Rimes, and Naomi Watts. She presented her line at Los Angeles Fashion Week for her first collection that debuted in Fall 2003. Since then she has been spotted in many popular publications such as Lucky, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, W Magazine, and Harper's Bazaar. She is known to get inspired by her natural surrounding in her home of California. She is also intensely influenced by the music that she hears such as electronica to Hip Hop. In the year of 2007, she debuted for New York Fashion Week. Her collection was derived from the relationship between the Earth and the sky. Her collection included leather jackets and wool skirts that reflected her theme.
Her work has been relatively well received, with the Washington Post giving a mixed review of one of her runway showings. Her tops are about $100 and her leather jackets are about $1200. Her stores can be found in the following areas:
- United States
- West Indies
- Puerto Rico
- Bolin, Jackie (September 16, 2004). "Dallas native is Hollywood's newest fashion star". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Interview: Pegah Anvarian". Texas Monthly. September 2008. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Moore, Booth (3 April 2004). "Into the spirit". LA Times. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Style Profile: A few questions for Pegah Anvarian, Three Dots' new creative director". LA Times. September 24, 2009. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "About Pegah Anvarian". Pegah Anvarian. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Skinny Models and Sheep". Washington Post. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Stores". Pegah Anvarian. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|