Pegasus News homepage on February 4, 2013
Type of site
|Owner||The Dallas Morning News|
The site was originally owned by PanLocal Media LLC. It pioneered many news site features that have since become more common, including customized content per-user, programmatic advertising, content curation from partner sites and tight integration of advertising and editorial in a single content management system.
Pegasus News won a Katie Award from the Dallas Press Club and an Eppy Award from Editor & Publisher in 2008 for "Best Web Site".
In 2009, Gap Communications, a company specializing in mid-sized radio markets, acquired Pegasus News.
- Godinez, Victor (January 8, 2009). "Pegasus News parent sold for $1.5M". The Dallas Morning News. Dallas, TX: A. H. Belo. McClatchy-Tribune Business News.
- Levith, Will (July 23, 2007). "Fisher Acquires Startup Pegasus News". MediaWeek. 17 (28). p. 25.
- Fischer, Kent (November 16, 2008). "Morning News honored at Press Club of Dallas' Katie Awards". The Dallas Morning News. Dallas, TX: A. H. Belo. McClatchy-Tribune Business News.
- Jacobson, Gary (July 16, 2012). "The Dallas Morning News buys hyperlocal online news provider Pegasus News". The Dallas Morning News. Dallas, TX: A. H. Belo. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Nicholson, Eric (July 17, 2012). "Here's Why the Morning News Really Bought Pegasus News". Dallas Observer. Dallas, TX: Voice Media Group. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Say goodbye to Dallas website Pegasus News
|This article about a Texas newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|